VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Gentlemen/Ladies (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/gentlemen-ladies-262573/)

TheGentleArt 11-10-2008 01:21 PM

Re: Gentlemen/Ladies

Their a blast, just becareful and dont get over confident :)

ramdog 11-10-2008 02:23 PM

i went to the MSF and tncc in Nov. as a walk-in but was a great class to go to.

Scottyk6 11-10-2008 07:37 PM

My MSF was in September, and the weekend was pretty hot. Took mine in Glenns at RCC. All the old fogies were sweating beads, but I kind of enjoyed the warm weather.

Greasysnowball 11-11-2008 01:33 PM

nah i took an MSF course. 94% on written and they docked me 12 points on performance for locking rear tire in abrupt stop and goin too slow in a corner. ill give you the specifics later.

My first bike i want it to be a Dual sport 250-450cc.

then when i get confident i want a Ducati Monster 696 or a Gixxer 750. :)

ill be on later but i need to go to work now. please start a convo so i have something to read when i get back! ask me questions please!

Woodrow 11-11-2008 02:42 PM

Congrats!! But remember you have just finished a Basic course. You still have no experience, but you have better beginner skills than those beginners who never take the course. I took my MSF back in 1996 and thought I was ready to concur it all. Boy was I wrong..lol. Have fun and don't get too cocky:)

skr00zloose 11-11-2008 02:43 PM

if you're looking for a sweet lil (smaller) dual sport, check out the drz400's. sweet little bikes, enough power to be able to do interstate time on, but not so much that it'll get you in trouble. and there's a million and one people making all sorts of stuff for them, so you can upgrade as much as you want. 250 dual sports are great around town, but if you have to get on the interstate for anything more than 5 minutes, you're gonna be hatin it.

I had one (drz400) years back that was converted to supermoto (this was long before you could buy a "factory" SM) and i loved that bike.

Greasysnowball 11-12-2008 09:45 AM

yea thats what im leaning towards for my first bike is the DRZ400. i want to ride on back roads and get a lil more confident before i just hit the streets. i wanna get to know my bike, know its limitations. And after a few months riding i wanna take the Experienced course (basically a DDC). then i wanna hit the open roads. im so damn excited! i was right next to a Ducati Monster for about 20 minutes today. Shexay bike! not sure what size it was though.

on Friday im gonna go to all the local shops and sit on a couple bikes and see what ones are comfortable for me (im 6'2").

and thanks everyone for the Replies and wisdom.

I will be riding safely and i cant wait to get my first bike! i will keep everyone posted on how things are going :)

turbotwo1 11-13-2008 07:20 AM

Just FYI a dual sport and a street bike handle completely different. As others have said take it slow and ride safe. Congrats.