Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

future group rides

Old 02-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default future group rides

i haven't been riding since last august mostly because of work, weather, and the bike not being ridable.

now the bike is fixed and am itching to ride again. only 2 problems remain, weather and work.

can't control the weather but once it warms up........

as for work, i like my work, but 60-70hrs a week really limits my free time.
but once this project is over(1 month left on the contract), it's back to unemployment for me and some free time.

so, if you guys would be so kind as to post notices to riding events, including track days, in this part of the forum i would greatly appreciate it, i think it would be better for us riders(atleast for me, since i don't visit here everyday) to seperate cycle content from other contents offered by dragva.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: future group rides

Let me be the first to post an event

here is a track day that anyone can go to
It's in May at Virginia international raceway(VIR) (yea, i know, but plenty of time to get ready)
the good thing is, you do not need to hold a racing license to participate
so you can try the track and see if you like it if you have not yet been to the road race track.

http://cornerspeed.net/up_events.html
Monday, May 24 /2004 Virginia International Raceway, North Course. Third Annual D&D Import Cycles Track Day. This is a private event and registration must go through D&D.

D&D Cycle is located in Norfolk.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
i haven't been riding since last august mostly because of work, weather, and the bike not being ridable.

now the bike is fixed and am itching to ride again. only 2 problems remain, weather and work.

can't control the weather but once it warms up........

as for work, i like my work, but 60-70hrs a week really limits my free time.
but once this project is over(1 month left on the contract), it's back to unemployment for me and some free time.

so, if you guys would be so kind as to post notices to riding events, including track days, in this part of the forum i would greatly appreciate it, i think it would be better for us riders(atleast for me, since i don't visit here everyday) to seperate cycle content from other contents offered by dragva.

Thanks
I like the sound of this. Ill like it more when i know i have a bike!!! I want to be in "the scene" when i get my bike, and learn as much as i can, get tips and tricks and do's and donts. Im so pumped right now, i wish you all could feel my enthusiasm right now!
Old 02-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

i am down for a group ride sometime soon....still need to get my 90 zx-7 running right and change the oil. I just dont want to ride with people who just got there license....going to make a group ride guidelines..becasue we need it

Last edited by Jesus; 02-09-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i'm definetly down... i'm doing a race school with cornerspeed in may to get my racing license, but after that i plan to do atleast 3 or 4 more track days so i'll post those up when i go

here in richmond on weekend nights we meet at this gas station downtown, 70+ of us on a good night, we'll hang out, go to some warehouses and watch the guys stunt, try and pick up VCU girls, ride around and just act a fool, so if anyone is in richmond let me know we can get up... otherwise on sunday mornings we have a pretty decent group, maybe 15 of us are pretty much always there, but we've had some bigger sunday rides, we'll go to a couple mountain spots which are just amazing, or go down route 5, take the ferry across the james, eat lunch in williamsburg and then take route 14 home which is close to the mountains in terms of twistyness, just lacks the jaw dropping views

every 3rd friday of the month is motorcycle mania at virginia motorsports park, lower price for bikes to drag race or test and tune, again usually 70 of us out on a night, and then they have a stunt contest and most of us will leave together and go ride downtown

but i'll let you all know about some of our planned rides and stuff and look out for yours as well
Old 02-17-2004, 05:45 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

wow 70 bikes, thats insane, and makes me realize how bad Roanoke sucks haha..

we need a dragva bike meet/ride!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

i say early summer we get a drag va ride together... but i have a good friend from roanoke who lives here now and we get pretty close to you on some of our mountain rides, i'll let you know next time and maybe we can meet down there
Old 02-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

That would be really cool! ever ride on the parkway?
Old 02-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

blue ridge? yea we have a cool route that takes us down that, but i hear its a bad place to go fast because of people pulling over to see the views, the 1/2 mile drop offs and fines by park rangers are insane
Old 02-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered member

lol yes there are several dropoffs hehe, but its a nice road to cruise