Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

fuk people who steal bikes

Old 05-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default fuk people who steal bikes

does anyone have any good measures/tips on how to get your bike not stolen..other then the obivious(dont leave it out of sight or garage it)
Old 05-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: fuk people who steal bikes

My friend puts the thickest kryptonite chain through his back wheel to another chain(Same Kind) that is around a street light.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:20 PM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

those kryptonite chains are no joke!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

lock the steering, duh

i always park mine in like 3rd or 4th gear, sure they can just pull in the clutch and roll it but i bet most people leave it in neutral or second gear, if they think its in first and try and click into neutral they will actually go into 4th or 5th and might add those precious extra 5 seconds where they get sketched out and leave

always leave the kill switch off, same thing, if they want it and they know what they are doing its gone, but if they are amatuers or in a rush and are jaming something in the ignition or hot wiring missing the off kill switch might just be again the straw that broke the camel's back

put a cover on it, whether its inside or outside, if they can't see what is i'd say theres alot less of a chance they will steal it, also removing the cover is more time they have to spend and more noise they have to make stealing it

disc lock or kryptonite, if you can lock it to a solid object even better

alarm

park it in a odd position or place so that they would have to do a 3 point turn or move something or make noise to get it out, don't let it be as easy as rolling straight out of the garage or yard

keep it on rear and/or front stand

get a motion sensitive light in the area its kept

if its in a yard have locks on the gates

as you can see my method involves nothing more than doing lots of little things that when added up add considerible time and risk to the job when your talking something that only takes like 30 seconds to pull off, if they really want it none of these things will stop them but my goal is to just make it take longer than they want or make them make more noise than they want so they get freaked out and leave
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

also make sure you have full coverage, that way if it is stolen it can be replaced. Nothing worse hen paying a lot of mony for something and then cheating yourself on the insurance. Put it inside. It only would take 2 or three people to lift it up.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:23 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Yeah i got a disc brake lock, full coverage and cover on my investment. Never thought about parking it in gear though... seems like a good idea
Old 05-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Ej8D16y8-T is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can, put a lock on the cover too. They will have to spend more time and make more noise removing the cover.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:51 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Um all you have to have is comprehensive which will cover stolen bikes you dont ahve to have full coverage. But the amin thing is locking it to something solid. These days they pull a truck up and eithe rpick the bike up or just one end and wheel it up there. im talking low trucks not f150's. so try to get it attached to sometihng. disc brake locks, colum locks, and the like arent going to prevent anyone from taking your bike.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

I have the scorpio sr-i500s w/ motion sensor and back up batt. on mine.
http://www.kneedraggers.com/pr_details/8/66-SCOR-2
I never leave my bike outside overnight and I always lock the triple tree.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:59 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Fuck people who steal period.

Honestly, it's so hard to keep a bike from getting stolen. You get 4 guys together, they lift it, it's on a truck, it's gone.