Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Fuel overload question

Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
always broke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to behold
Default Fuel overload question

About three weeks ago my bike decided to start acting up. To keep things in perspective i ran the bike outa gas when i was riding the bike back from the beach to Newport News. The problem only seems to happen when the engine temp gets hot. Just about the same time the Fan kicks on if i am riding slowly or stoped at a light the bike starts acting funny. It will idle fine, but when i roll on the throtle to leave from the light or accelerate from a slow role the bike seems to load up or not get any fuel at all. It will spit and sputter until about 3K and then will run fine. When the bike cools down it runs fine. The warmer the bike gets, and the longer it runs under warm conditions the worse the sputter will get, and eventually it will stall and doesnt want to start again. The bike is a 99 CBR F4, not F4I.

What could the problem be, and what cani do to fix it. Please help, i would really like to enjoy my bike now that it is summer.

Last edited by DomesticDesire; 06-20-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:37 PM
ooooooooooowwweeeeee

Don_is_Rad has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fuel overload question

Maybe you have the wrong spark plugs(heat range)
Old 06-20-2007, 05:40 PM
always broke

DomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to behold

I am not passin anything by, this could bea prob........... but i have ahd the bike for a while now, and it wouldnt do this.

If this is the prob, what plugs should a be using?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

i would say have fullmetal look at it but he is a workin man now plus he got shutdown (lol)
Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

I had a similiar problem with my 2000 F4 , I took it to cycleworld, and they said it was a battery voltage rectifieror or something like that. cost me like 90 bucks i think to diagnose and fix the problem. it was doing something very similar to what yours is doing. I would definitely take it to someone though, you dont wanna get stranded somewhere.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DomesticDesire
About three weeks ago my bike decided to start acting up. To keep things in perspective i ran the bike outa gas when i was riding the bike back from the beach to Newport News. The problem only seems to happen when the engine temp gets hot. Just about the same time the Fan kicks on if i am riding slowly or stoped at a light the bike starts acting funny. It will idle fine, but when i roll on the throtle to leave from the light or accelerate from a slow role the bike seems to load up or not get any fuel at all. It will spit and sputter until about 3K and then will run fine. When the bike cools down it runs fine. The warmer the bike gets, and the longer it runs under warm conditions the worse the sputter will get, and eventually it will stall and doesnt want to start again. The bike is a 99 CBR F4, not F4I.

What could the problem be, and what cani do to fix it. Please help, i would really like to enjoy my bike now that it is summer.
I've actually noticed this as well with my '99 F4. I noticed it after I filled up with gas at Shell. I thought it was a fuel/carb problem. I plan on pulling my carbs and giving them a good cleaning to see if that gets me any results.

I'll follow up with this thread afterwards and note whether the carb cleaning fixed the issue.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:20 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

FOr some reason G'money I thought you had an F4i. Sounds like a fuel problem.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by djgrom
FOr some reason G'money I thought you had an F4i. Sounds like a fuel problem.
I maybe baller, but I'm not that baller ;-)
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
always broke

any other theories?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

yeah check your spark plugs and wires for lose connections. Really far fetched, but it is a theory.

Quick Reply: Fuel overload question