Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Filtering (a.k.a. Lane Splitting) Legal... for mopeds?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Filtering (a.k.a. Lane Splitting) Legal... for mopeds?

Originally Posted by FObangah
All this talk of filtering:

traffic built up at the light outside of my work. I ride up the white line to the front of the pack because I know I'd miss the light twice if I didn't. Guy in a truck (with his LEFT signal on mind you) at the beginning of the line rolls his window down and says:

"I hope you don't think your going to cut me off."

"Why would I cut you off? I'm going straight. You're turning left : points in the direction he's going:"

"What makes you think you can just "butt" in line?"

"Are we in a cafeteria line or something? Do you ask every person that passes you why they are cutting in your imaginary line?"

He starts to cuss me but the light turns green so I left him there stinking up traffic.

MOPED FTW.

/\--Well Played--/\

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-13-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

It makes sense because currently if you're on a bicycle you'd have to sit in traffic (per current law). Filtering good, lane splitting meh.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Same thing though?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

I mean like stopped traffic, red lights, etc. Lane splitting because you can is going to get you run over with this no turn signaling bunch of assholes in va.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:16 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by brandini
I mean like stopped traffic, red lights, etc. Lane splitting because you can is going to get you run over with this no turn signaling bunch of assholes in va.
But like that video in LYL showed, it can happen when everyone is stopped as well. People are just going to have learn to get used to it.

I really wish this was around when riding 6 hours of 95 a day over the summers.