Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Fighter Fest 2008

Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zx636skiv is on a distinguished road
Default Fighter Fest 2008

Direct link to the thread on CustomFighters.com
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=10800

They are setting up a website with more info, and they're working on more details all the time to make it a great event.

Link to the Carlisle Bike Fest
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/bikefest/

Originally Posted by sprbeast
well, forgoing any logistical problems it appears that we will have our first Fighter Event in the USA. July 25-27th held during the Carlisle Bike Fest.
however one of the "logistics" that is needed is Numbers. We need fighters and lots of them. we need to show what this culture is about. check your calendars now, grab a sharpie and mark it down.
in order to make this feasable, we (karns performance) are going to be a bike show sponsor, why you may ask? well, it would be a great way for us to get our name out locally since this is a regional event not so much that we are a Fighter Builder shop but that we support the motorbike sport in general. this is a fairly easy way that we can get our name out there, get exposure, and at the same time help support fighters. this also makes more financial sense than doing radio spots or newspaper adverts. since it is targeting the bike crowd only.
part of us sponsoring the show includes Karns Performance banners that will be hung up around the grounds, an advert in the Carlisle Magazine, a Public Announcement on the grounds that is read frequently (ex. "come see the Fighters of Fighter Fest in isle "G" brought to you by Karns Performance" or something along those lines), we will be purchasing and sponsoring the awards to be given to the winners in the Fighter Class part of the Judged show. this is a one day show that is held on saturday. I will be contacting people to be selected as judges for the show. so that it will be those in the Know about Fighters! what we (karns performance), also get is our name attached to Post cards, literature, and ads that haven't been done yet. these get pretty heavy circulation locally.

this is my vision for Fighter Fest.....

there would be a row of spaces (each is 10' wide X 30' deep) at the show that would be the Hospitality area for the event. to include us (karns performance), Custom Fighters, vendors like XPO, Moto Madess, Powderworks, whoever i can get that would like to be a part of this thing. we would have our Toy hauler camper along the back of the spaces facing the front so we could hangout under the awning relax and BS. in front we would have our test subjects to show the masses what fighters are capable of. if we can get the right area of the grounds, we can be backed up by the general parking area (only bikes can park on the grounds) and have all those that want to meet up come and join us. It would be great if Adam could bring the charity bike and get the word out about the auction. they have had charity bikes there before and they get a nice write up in the carlisle mag about them. Custom Fighters could also bring a bunch of wares (shirts, mags, and stickies) to sell. as far as the judged show, you enter 10:00am saturday (10 or 15 bucks) and awards are presented in the afternoon.
after the show closes saturday we could cruise to hooters or have a pig roast in the evening. this could be held at my place but that all depends on everyones plans. unfortunately there is no camping on the grounds so everyone would need to make arrangements for sleeping. i would be willing to let people crash here (the wife will just have to deal with this) i have room and cots(house, garage, and a comfy outbuilding that i sealed up and put an AC unit in) i will be willing to get the info for local hotels and stuff. I WILL TRY AND MAKE IT AS EASY FOR YOU TO GET YOUR ASSES HERE AS I CAN!!!!!WE NEED THIS TO WORK!
then sunday AM we could cruise the local mountains and head back to the show in the am. we can kiss then you guys could hang or go the feck home. though vendors have to stay till the show closes

the details:
show starts on friday and ends sunday
each 10x30 space is $300 (not sure how many passes comes with each space)
admission: Friday=$5 Saturday=$8 Sunday=$7 (3 day pass=$15) kids under 12 free
judged show: $10 pre reg, $15 day of

Ed (event coordinator) needs to know if we (karns performance) can do this, he is also seeing the market grow and is excited about it. though, he can't bring this to the table on his own. but, since we so far have agreed to be a sponsor it makes it almost a shoe in for approval. i can't give him the ok until i see the response to this mainly from u guys. i mean we could still pull it off but would need to have cooperation with the membership to make it a "community" event. i know as much as anyone how hard it is to commit to something. but this is something that could really help jump start the Fighter rage that is growing. that is most in part to those known as ADAM929 and AB420! thanks guys.
since it is April allready and he needs time to get a "logo" branded for this event from his marketing dept. and time for additional literature to be printed and have time for it to be circulated he asked if 2-3 weeks would be enough time to get a aye or nay.

if it gets a positve reveiw from you bastages i will continue my leg work and phone calls. we need to corral as many fighteresque communities as possible. monsters, Z1000s, Bandits, FZ1s, Buells, Speed Triples, Super Dukes, ect. you get the point. if i can hit these communities with enthusiasm and can bring a few from each there is an easy potential for several hundred fighters at Carlisle.

xpo,moto-madness, chris, adam, and to anyone that has questions, PM me but you are prolly allready on my list to contact you.

lets see if we can create something that can become something incredible. one of those things you look forward to every year like bikeweek or indy or the superbowl. it is time gentlemen. are you hungry?

:skully:

Last edited by zx636skiv; 04-29-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Fighter Fest 2008

neat
lots of readin'
but neat
Old 04-30-2008, 01:56 AM

I know, I was trying to wait until they got the website online, but I thought some people might want a little more heads up!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i MIGHT be meeting some of the CF guys in richmond, but i can't pull myself away from work for that long to make it carlisle. i can either go to fighterfest, or myrtle.. and well... myrtle is a shit ton of fun
Old 05-01-2008, 01:11 AM

That's where they are meeting, I got tired of trying to read all the pages. I can tell ya, Carlisle will be a blast as well. My parents go to Carlisle every year for the Hot Rods...been going for something like 20 years I think!

I don't know what I am gonna do. I am already going to Myrtle in August (probably won't be able to take the bikes though...in'laws are getting the place) and my cousin doesn't live too far from there and I could probably stay there...so many choices. Oh yeah...guess I will have to have gas money also...so it probably won't happen at all.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 AM

YEAH!!! I am going!!

Now to get the details down!

And, no, I ain't riding all that way on the bike, it will be trailered!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Sounds pretty cool. My fighter should be done this week, but im still looking for some parts. Ill get some pics soon of my two week build.

Know of any good places to get tails, headlights etc. Since brickhouse closed Ive had no luck. I really just need a headlight (not acrebis) and a newer curved radiator and fan, or just a fan itself. The headlight must kick ass since I hit a deer two weeks ago.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 AM

I've been making due with E-Bay since Brickhouse closed...I understand there is another bike salvage yard up by Richmond, but have never been there and don't even know the name off hand. If you find a light or radiator you like, you can also go to brand specific forums and check through their classified sections. I found my Z1000 brake lines on KawiForums for a good price.

I don't have any lights or radiators now...just sold an old ZX6 radiator on E-bay, but it was a straight one. It was black though, so I was concidering it for mine, but it needed to go!

Do you have any progress pics of your bike? I like seeing that stuff since it gives me ideas!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Tons of pics, just too lazy to upload em. Ill make a thread a little later today.

I was hoping something was close so I could get a "hands on" feel of what the pieces would look like. What kind of trailer are you taking?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:50 AM

I hear ya!! You can also try D&D Racing on Little Creek Rd. Bryan used to have some parts in the back. Also Cycle Trendz out by ODU on Hampton BLVD. Jody might have some stuff there as well...he did a serious clean out a while back though, not sure if anything is left.

The trailer is a 7X12, so I can fit 3 bikes and some gear. The tow rig is a '97 Suburban, so I can haul 8 people and some gear, or a few people and a lot of gear and beer!

There is a whole bunch of guys coming up from the south that are riding all the way...might meet up in Richmond and all ride up together.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=11450

Quick Reply: Fighter Fest 2008