Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

a few ?'s about the 929rr

Old 03-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a few ?'s about the 929rr

ok, first off i would like to say, by far this is the best looking bike (IMO). The reason i am asking about this bike is obviously because im in market for a bike. now my only experience riding is the msf (which was very helpful) and i own a tricked out honda cr125 1996 which i used to use for drag racing (only in vero beach, fl) and thats it. ive been to the dealer and sat on almost all of the cbr's (1000rr, 600rr, 929rr, 954rr, and f4i) and the 929 seemed to fit the best. now, ive sat on the bike it feels great, not heavy at all, but do u guys think somebody with my experience will be overwhelmed with the power??? shit even when i first hopped on the 125 i was kinda surprised but i got used to it very fast and im guessing it shouldnt be too big of a jump that i couldnt handle.....what do u guys think??? grab a nice used 929 and take easy or just say fuck it and bitch out????
Old 03-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Banned

VAhslr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: a few ?'s about the 929rr

The bike will only do what you make it do, if you already have experience on two wheels and you have any sense at all you'll be fine. Take it easy at first; be careful, nothing could bite you quicker than a big bike.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Re: a few ?'s about the 929rr

Originally Posted by VAhslr
The bike will only do what you make it do, if you already have experience on two wheels and you have any sense at all you'll be fine. Take it easy at first; be careful, nothing could bite you quicker than a big bike.

You've got the xp on 2 wheels which is the most important thing to have down with new riders. Now, its the power thats different. In the MSF you use 250's, and you've ridden that, as well as your dirtbike. But if you were to jump to a new 600 even that would be like WHOA (ie- lots of new power on tap). Get a 929 and that power jump would be a hell of a lot IMHO, but its not like it cant be done. It really depends on the rider and i think you could probably get away with it with the MSF under your belt. You'd have to take it really easy for a while, cause im sure even when you think you've got it down, you dont. And though it may seem light, it may be different when you actually ride it and you start coming out of a turn and have to straighten the shit out (it'll feel heavier then). Its really on you buddy, none of us can make the decision for you, all i can really do is say what i think and let you go from there. If I were you, id go the route of getting a used 600 and ride that for the season. You wont be bored way too fast, and you'll definately be ready for a liter bike next season (if you feel you're ready).