Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

A favor to ask..

Old 01-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Cock of the Infinite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240
Default A favor to ask..

I know this could be alot to ask as I know how protective I am of my ride... but if anyone here with maybe a 600cc bike could maybe meet up with me and show me the parts of the bike and possibly teach me to ride a bit (in the grass maybe). the reason I ask this is that Im planning on majoring in mechanical engineering up at tech. the only reason i ever opted for that back in the day is that I loved the way bikes looked. of course, the parents weren't supportive so i did the next best thing and set to work on my car. while I like working and modifying my car, the best thing about it is the people i meet and the good times. I simply wish to solidify my decision to surround my life with bikes and I plan to actually purchase my oen bike about mid summer if not sooner (depending on whether i part ways with my 240). anyways, Please dont reply if you are just going to flame me. Im fully aware of how delicate bikes can be and I know I simply may be asking too much here. as far as my expierience on bikes, ive ridden some dirtbikes and been on a TL1000R once but i wasnt driving. any help would be greatly appreciated. Im located in yorktown. Thanks for considering in advance.

Last edited by tiki240; 01-28-2004 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: A favor to ask..

"while I like working and modifying my car, the best thing about it is the people i meet and the good times"-

if thats the major reason you enjoy the car/import scene then i couldn't recommend motorcycles to you more, maybe richmond just has a really bad car scene and a really good sport bike scene, but from my experience in cars its a whole lot of drama, unfriendly competition and shit talking/back stabbing... in the motorcycle world, its like just owning one and not being scared to talk to strangers are the only requirements to probably the largest brotherhood in the world, i was pretty outgoing in high school and met a few people from my car days, but once i got into bikes the amount of quality friends i've made is almost overwhelming, luckily i'm good with names, but i used to go to downtown richmond with my first bike and cruise around on weekends, i remembered driving by the group of 60-70 black dudes on much newer nicer bikes than mine that would hang out down there and i always thought how cool it must be to one day be a part of that, well like 3rd weekend a bunch of them jump to the street and flag me down, when i pull up and got off the bike they were all like "we see you keep riding by why didn't you stop sooner and hang out with us", try doing that with a group of 5-10 people of your own race/age group in the car scene with a lesser car... that wouldn't be the last time i was flagged down or a approached by a total stranger who felt some bond with me just because we were both on motorcycles... so um point being, i couldn't recommend it more

now as for the learning to ride thing, my best recomendation would be go to the DMV, get the motorcycle booklet and read it, take the easy(if you read the manual) written test and get your learners just because this is a necessary step, when when you do that ask them for information about your local MSF motorcycle safety foundation course, if they don't know then its most likely put on by a local community college, check with them... but take this course, they will teach you all the basics and then you get to ride their bikes, when you finish you get a certificate which you take to DMV and get your m-class license, its a 2-3 day weekend class and only costs like 70$, and if you do decide to ride you save a bit on insurance so it pays for itself quick
Old 01-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Do Del La Sol says becasue he is a cool guy...go take the class... I meet alot of people who ride motorcycles... mostly in northeren Va...the guys i ride with out there have been riding over 12 years.Over here in Va beach/Norfolk I only ride with motorcycle rides that I know. The reason behide it is becasue I know how they ride. I dont want to ride with a group of people who just starting to ride with a 1,000 cc bikes.... have I seen it yes i have.Also the first couple on months of riding I rode by myself to get use to everything. This summing GOING TO RT 211 Hope this helps
Old 01-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

route 211 is a awesome road... but if you do get up there and like it, you should come out with me this season to route 56 and some roads surrounding the blue ridge park way, its like route 211 but with every single kind of curve and elevation change you could imagine, better scenary, less popular there for less traffic and less cops, and most importantly you can run it straight for like 50 miles, so no need to keep railing up and down the same road over and over increasing the risk of cops
Old 02-17-2004, 05:33 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

what bike are you lookin to get? If your ever near Roanoke we could ride!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

im gunnin for either a cbr600f4i or a gsxr600
Old 02-17-2004, 07:29 AM
Cock of the Infinite

and im not close to roanoke but gettin there aint nothin but a few hours right? hah.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

hehe, those are both great bikes from what i have heard, f4i is supposed to be one of the best SS's for the buck arent they?

All i know is i want this cold to go away!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:50 PM
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
"while I like working and modifying my car, the best thing about it is the people i meet and the good times"-

if thats the major reason you enjoy the car/import scene then i couldn't recommend motorcycles to you more, maybe richmond just has a really bad car scene and a really good sport bike scene, but from my experience in cars its a whole lot of drama, unfriendly competition and shit talking/back stabbing... in the motorcycle world, its like just owning one and not being scared to talk to strangers are the only requirements to probably the largest brotherhood in the world,
Hey it's a sisterhood too, we women are in the same scene too but "most" guys have a ego problem and can't stand being beat by a "girl". Most girls liking riding on the back but I prefer to ride my own.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by R6Buttercup
but "most" guys have a ego problem and can't stand being beat by a "girl".

...................................hasn't happened yet. . . .

Quick Reply: A favor to ask..