Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

fairings and "headlight piece" for GS500

Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoRider has disabled reputation
Default fairings and "headlight piece" for GS500

I'm thinking of getting a GS500 because they seem to be the only bikes that are accurately priced to what they are actually worth, and I was wondering if any fairings/ headlight parts/ conversions exist for it? The one im looking at is what I guess is called a "naked" bike? As you can tell im new to this, so sorry. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of fenders and a head piece that would make the bike look more like a sports bike? I know other GS500's exist with fairings and such, is it as simple as getting those fairings and screwing them in or what?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom
Default Re: fairings and "headlight piece" for GS500

ex500's are a bargin. They will run forever if you take care of them, and it is very simple to care for one. They are not fussy bikes and are very simple. A bit faster then a gs500 too I think.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

haha just pmed you again the thing is I can get a GS for 400- 500 bucks and the other bikes... not so much haha check your pms and get back to me
Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

If you are getting any bike for $500, then you will probably have to do some work on it soon! Both the GS500 and the EX500 came with fairings. The GS didn't have them until the newer models, then it looked like a mini-hayabusa.

Yeah, the EX is a better bike in the long run, but if you can get a decent GS for $500, go ahead. You can always bolt up an aftermarket windscreen since they make lots of universal ones that work around the round headlight.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NoRider
I'm thinking of getting a GS500 because they seem to be the only bikes that are accurately priced to what they are actually worth, and I was wondering if any fairings/ headlight parts/ conversions exist for it? The one im looking at is what I guess is called a "naked" bike? As you can tell im new to this, so sorry. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of fenders and a head piece that would make the bike look more like a sports bike? I know other GS500's exist with fairings and such, is it as simple as getting those fairings and screwing them in or what?
www.gstwins.com

check there. learned a lot from that site when i had my GS500 5 years ago. Also, Octane from this forum is a GS fanatic. He might teach you a thing or two.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:59 AM
Registered Member

Swampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond repute

As far as reliability and simplicity, the GS500E is it. You can also adjust the valves in about 30 minutes once you do it a few times. I want one in a bad way.

I like the EX500 too and yes, it's has the performance edge, but I really dig the GS. I wanted one in a terribly bad way in 90.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

The one im looking at is a pretty old, and it doesnt have fairings on it, but I'll check out that link. I would honestly preffer a GSX600 but for some reason people dont think 13 year old bikes should be under 1,000... I'm kinda confused about it that but what ever.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:12 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Well go look at the blue book value for a 15 year old ex500, I am sure you will find it to be around 1.3 - 1.5 k and the NADA value around 950 dollars. There is a reason for that....
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

The GS500 is a great entry bike. Air cooled, reliable, simple as hell to work on. There are some fairing kits available in the aftermarket, but you'll pay more for the fairing than you did for the bike. The later factory fairing can be put on a naked GS with minimal hassle, but you'll still be paying a bunch of money for the fairing.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

ya, im trying to avoid expenses so i unless i find some cheap used ones thats no good. Thanks for the help tho.

Quick Reply: fairings and "headlight piece" for GS500