Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

''Extreme motorcycling'' reports rise - as do deaths

Old 07-08-2006, 11:17 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Armenian has disabled reputation
Default ''Extreme motorcycling'' reports rise - as do deaths

Greeaaat

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories...197153&tref=po
Old 07-08-2006, 11:32 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: ''Extreme motorcycling'' reports rise - as do deaths

oh yay...

i'm sure the city will have an anti sportbike task force now...

i'm actually surprised it took this long to get a story on it. this ain't a new thing people!!

huge suv driving soccer moms on thier cell phones are more of a threat than stunt riders, but i guarantee you'll never get that story ran.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:35 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

this article is on the cover of todays Virginia Pilot even better!!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

"I was just amazed," said Skinner, a Norfolk-based videographer who quickly snapped a digital picture from the front seat of their car. "I was quite sure the guy was going to kill himself before the end of the day."
Hell that is more dangerous than the stunt! He would be the one to kill him not paying attention to the rest of traffic.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
"I was just amazed," said Skinner, a Norfolk-based videographer who quickly snapped a digital picture from the front seat of their car. "I was quite sure the guy was going to kill himself before the end of the day."
Hell that is more dangerous than the stunt! He would be the one to kill him not paying attention to the rest of traffic.

didn't think of that... but that's A GOOOD FUGGIN POINT!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

layz has disabled reputation

i got a question, how often do bikes actually fly into the air when crashed? everyone swears they're so dangerous to other which of course due to their lightweight means they're much less dangerous to others than most vehicles on the road, and i can honestly only think of a bike doing any real damage if it was in the air, but i usually only see bikes slide across the ground in crashes, also how much control do you lose when doing a wheelie? i only ask this cause i dont ride so i don't know myself but it never really seemed like they're that outta control, of course they cant turn quickly since they're wheel is off the ground but besides having to turn is there really a big decrease in control?
Old 07-08-2006, 10:20 PM
hatrs make me famous

not if you know what you're doing. if you see a guy doing a wheelie down the inetrerstate... and he's holding his speed, just cruising with traffic... he knows what he's doing. if you see a guy doing said wheelie and he's accelerating the entire time and doesn't stop until he hits the rev limiter, at well over 100mph... he doesn't know what he's doing (at least to the degree to be considered "in control"

BUT.... ya gotta start somewhere. control comes with experience....
Old 07-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

They never said he was driving btw. He was with his wife. maybe she was driving?

And this will never be stopped. I see bikers doing wheelies and shit almost everytime I am at my buddies apartment by 264 laskin area.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by layz
how often do bikes actually fly into the air when crashed?
I have been in one accident since I started riding (5+ years) and my bike did fly in the air. Not a great site to watch as you're sliding down the road.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

I'm not a cyclist but i have to say what that guy was doing was very wreckless and stupid. We all know wheelies are cool but the risks he was taking are just unbleiveable.

Ive seen bikers do it for years down 264 and it always amazes me. How could anyone be that stupid?!
This is 264 people, we have the shittiest roads in all of the area, frikkin potholes so big you have to change 2 lanes to avoid them. And if that wasnt bad enough you are gonna do this around some of the worst divers in teh state.
Lets get real, these peopel freak out and slow to a crawl to go through a tunnel that does not move nor sneak up on them. YOu pop a wheelie and granny is gonna go planes,trains and automobiles all over the road.

Wheelies are cool but not for highspeed public highways.
ANd "skilled" biker or not I refuse to beleive that a vehicle designed with two wheels can be called "in control" when half of its contact surface is 4 feet in the air.

Quick Reply: ''Extreme motorcycling'' reports rise - as do deaths