Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Everyone goes down, yesterday was my turn

Old 05-13-2008, 08:35 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Everyone goes down, yesterday was my turn

Well, we all know it's bound to happen to us at least once in a lifetime. I went down yesterday, thanks to the lack of awareness of an old lady. Thankfully, I'm alright, but unfortunately the bike is not.

The Story:

I left my house in Grafton about 5 to go over to me g/f's house near woodside. Pretty typical thing for me to do, and as always I cut down Oriana up towards Denbigh. Well, unfortunately I didn't make it very far. For those that know the road, there is an off road located about 1/3rd of the way through a right hand turn, that leads into a neighborhood. Well, I was following through traffic like normal, when unfortunately a black Tbird did not see my coming and pulled out to cross traffic making a left hand turn. The bad thing, is once she did notice me she froze and brought the car to a complete stop . So, I hit her, thankfully I bailed and went into the side of the car tucked up with my side as opposed to staying on and flipping over. I'm pretty sure that is ultimately what saved me from any major injuries, because I was lucky enough to leave the hospital last night with nothing but a bruised pelvis and shoulder.

I'll get pics of the bike when I get a chance, unfortunately it belonged to a friend of mine, so he is somewhat distrought over the whole thing. Thankfully there were 4 witnesses who all claim it was the ladies fault, and she was also ticketed, which means her insurance will be paying for everything.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Everyone goes down, yesterday was my turn

Damn that sucks, glad to hear you're okay though.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Glad you're alright man. If insurance has any hiccups send me a PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

wow glad to hear you ok. quick thinking on your part you think if she were to of noticed and punched it you would of cleared her?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:43 AM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Sorry to hear about that Josh. Glad you're ok.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

What bike, Josh?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
wow glad to hear you ok. quick thinking on your part you think if she were to of noticed and punched it you would of cleared her?
Honestly I doubt it. There was barely enough time for me to do what I did, not to mention there were damp roads because it had been raining off and on most of the day. Either way, I'm alright and the lady who was driving is also. I'm just crazy f'ing sore
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Originally Posted by naMfOrelliK
What bike, Josh?
A friend of mine's Kawi 636.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

Glad to hear you're ok. How's a bruised pelvis feel? I can't imagine good.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Damn sucks to hear, glad you made it out alright. Good to hear her insurance will cover the bike too.

Quick Reply: Everyone goes down, yesterday was my turn