Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

dumb question: where to get 50cc bikes?

Old 11-09-2005, 10:15 PM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTR has disabled reputation
Default dumb question: where to get 50cc bikes?

i want a starter bike. something i dont have to get a license/insurance/dmv stuff for and thats street legal. www.50cc-motorcycles.com. bikes like these. anybody know whos selling one or a dealership? any info will be great. thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4
Default Re: dumb question: where to get 50cc bikes?

Originally Posted by CTR
i want a starter bike. something i dont have to get a license/insurance/dmv stuff for and thats street legal. www.50cc-motorcycles.com. bikes like these. anybody know whos selling one or a dealership? any info will be great. thanks.
A 50cc bike that you don't need a license or registration for.............but is street legal?

.................................crack kills. Put the crack away before the crack puts you away.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of

NO! don't criticize, he is right, actually Redline in Yorktown has an Aprillia RS50 right now, it is wayyyy quicker than the kawi250, and there is a big bore kit for it that will allow it to keep up with some 500s. I believe they are asking 2500 for it, and it only has 900 miles on it. I believe the stock top speed is 90mph, which isn't bad, and its only a 49cc motor.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:05 AM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

CTR has disabled reputation

for the people unfamilar with va law.
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...cles/moped.asp

thanks for the info wwplayboater. ima have to looking that! i really would like a aprilia rs50 but i heard they are pretty expensive b/c of how rare they are. but thats a good price imo.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:27 AM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wwplayboater
NO! don't criticize, he is right, actually Redline in Yorktown has an Aprillia RS50 right now, it is wayyyy quicker than the kawi250, and there is a big bore kit for it that will allow it to keep up with some 500s. I believe they are asking 2500 for it, and it only has 900 miles on it. I believe the stock top speed is 90mph, which isn't bad, and its only a 49cc motor.

Old 11-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by CTR
for the people unfamilar with va law.
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...cles/moped.asp

thanks for the info wwplayboater. ima have to looking that! i really would like a aprilia rs50 but i heard they are pretty expensive b/c of how rare they are. but thats a good price imo.
Dude; you need to actually READ what you just tried to quote:

Vehicle Services: Mopeds

Virginia Code section 46.2-100 defines a moped as a conveyance that is either:

a bicycle-like device with pedals and a helper motor that is rated at no more than two brake horsepower and that produces speeds up to a maximum of 30 miles per hour
or

a motorcycle with an engine displacement of 50 cubic centimeters or less and a maximum speed of less than 30 miles per hour.
Operation of mopeds on highways and public vehicular areas by persons under the age of sixteen is prohibited by Virginia law.

Moped riders must carry some form of identification that includes name, address, and date of birth.

Although you do not need a driver's license to operate a moped, you may not operate a moped if you have been declared a habitual offender or your license is suspended or revoked for driving under the influence.

Moped drivers are required to abide by the same traffic laws and regulations as automobile drivers. Detailed information on Virginia's traffic laws and regulations is available in the Driver's Manual. In addition, certain local governments may impose restrictions on moped operation.

All DUI laws apply to mopeds operated on public highways.

You may also want to review the Motorcyle Operator Manual. Information specific to moped safety is available online as well.

I believe it says 50cc or less and 30mph or LESS!!!!!!! Those bikes do more than 30mph.

You're NOT gonna get away with riding an NRS 50 on the street like you would a moped.

But go ahead and give it a shot..............then post up the thread about you getting a ticket and having your bike impounded.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:11 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, look you dont know everything. Ive has an Replica 50 9replica being the manufactuer. I never got pulled over and i didnt have to have tags for it becasue its under 50cc's. they arent very fast at all its like a moped on crack but they are gas efficent and if the battery dies you push them forward 2 inches and pop the clutch and your good to go.

so for this cocky ass guy here, just stop trying to cut and paste the law, thats all grey area anyway. i did it forever and never got pulled over for it being illegal. i even stopped and talked to and officer while i was on it and he just said it was intresting.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RightDiddy
Dude, look you dont know everything. Ive has an Replica 50 9replica being the manufactuer. I never got pulled over and i didnt have to have tags for it becasue its under 50cc's. they arent very fast at all its like a moped on crack but they are gas efficent and if the battery dies you push them forward 2 inches and pop the clutch and your good to go.

so for this cocky ass guy here, just stop trying to cut and paste the law, thats all grey area anyway. i did it forever and never got pulled over for it being illegal. i even stopped and talked to and officer while i was on it and he just said it was intresting.
There is no grey area, the law is spelled out plain and simple, just because you did it and got away with it, does not make it legal.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:28 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
There is no grey area, the law is spelled out plain and simple, just because you did it and got away with it, does not make it legal.
its not about how the laws written, its about how the law is interpretted. would it matter if you wrote a rule on a peice of paper but the teacher couldnt read it?

absoulutly not. maybe i cant speak for 7 cities area police but loudoun county police dont have a problem as long as your not breaking the law ( not this one in specific, speeding, wreckless, etc) or being irresposible or drunk.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by wwplayboater
THAT SHIT'S LIKE 8HP. EIGHT.

PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Quick Reply: dumb question: where to get 50cc bikes?