VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Ducati Monster 620 question with problem starting (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/ducati-monster-620-question-problem-starting-485868/)

MAIN24EVENT 08-18-2014 04:51 AM

Ducati Monster 620 question with problem starting

I have a ducati monster 620 and it has 11,00 miles on it and has been riding fine, recently a light on the dash ( Lo ) keeps flashing and when i go to start the bike the check engine light comes on, I start to hear a crank or spin but the motor never turns over just a soft wine sound. Any suggestions on what the problem could be, spark plugs, fuel filter, other ignition issues... Any info will help greatly

Thank you for your help and time
Sparrow

Roxtar 08-18-2014 05:17 AM

Re: Ducati Monster 620 question with problem starting

how's your battery?

MAIN24EVENT 08-18-2014 06:19 AM

I guess I should explain a little better cause i really would like to fix this problem, its a friends bike yet I was the one that talked him into it, yet he bought it used with 11k plus miles on it, I dont wanna sound like a rook asking question when if it were my bike i would have had this all checked out prior till buying it, but im tryin to help my friend out

-Battery I havnt checked (due to miles thats good advice) about battery
-Also Ive done some research on fuse check to figure out problem
-Also when I go to start and hear the wine but no turn over, It sounds like an ignition or starter problem I feel like the spark plugs arnt firing (just a thought)
-And the lights on the dash, show oil light, ( Lo, on the lcd display) and when i push to start the check engine light comes on temporarily

Sorry this is all vague and yes Ive heard of google, just was curious if this is something someone could explain to me or exsperinced such problems any info will help

Jones 08-19-2014 01:33 AM

If it isn't turning over, how would that be a spark plug issue?

boost4u 08-25-2014 06:23 AM

Had the same issue with my 696, battery was bad. I replaced it and the issue is gone.

Binarypotato 08-28-2014 12:41 PM

I'm sure you know this but I'm just confused and trying to figure it out in my own head, seeing LO on the small LCD display is for the Oil Temperature when you first start the bike or turn it on. Are you talking about a seperate light that actually says LO? I have a 2005 620 and can't think of a LO light at all. Also when I first turn the key on my bike I always hear a specific whine that is just the speedometer and tachometer starting and the needles do their little dance. I agree with Boost4u, start with getting the battery checked and go from there.