Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Driving without a motorcyle license ticket

Old 10-19-2005, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wtgvr4me03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving without a motorcyle license ticket

I'm looking to hear any feedback from anyone in va beach who has received a ticket like this. I do have the motorcyle learner's permit and insurance. I normally only ever ride the bike on the weekend with a group of friends. I was planning on getting the license, but never got around to it. Anyways I put a jet kit in a friends bike and after messing with the tuning for several hours I got it running perfect. Well my friend brings the bike back and wants me to take it out. I pull out onto the rode several feet from my house and three cop cars surround the bike Appartenly my buddy was winding up a few gears down the street and a cop saw him. Well I explain it wasn't me and my friends admits it was him and this is the first time I was on the bike. Well the police arrest my friend and charge him with a reckless driving ticket. The officer then runs my license for what reason I don't know. Asks me if I have a motorcle permit, which I agree that I did. She then says that I was riding without a licensed rider present. I nicely inform her that my buddy is licensed. She then says well it is dark out and writes me the ticket. How serious of a ticket is this? Looking for info from anyone that had this happen to them. Sorry for the long story, and I know I'm a dumbass for never getting the license.

Last edited by wtgvr4me03; 10-19-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of
Default Re: Driving without a motorcyle license ticket

Dunno much about it, but please give me the results, cause i've been riding alone some and only have a permit. that sucks, sorry
Old 10-20-2005, 04:58 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'm almost willing to guarantee that if you get licensed before your court date, they will drop it. Might be worth consulting an attorney about, but I don't think the ticket is that big of a deal based on the circumstances. It would be worth paying an attorney a couple hundred bucks to get you out of it though.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:25 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

^^ what he said. everyone has told me that if you get your licence before the court date and show up in court and let them know that you got it and you are responsible blah blah they will drop it. no biggie as far as being lazy and not getting it well....ive never heard of someone that stupid
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 AM

wtgvr4me03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went out today and got the license. So I guess time will tell. I don't go to court until Dec.