Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

driftwater trackday

Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slowcivic 1slowcivic 1slowcivic
Default driftwater trackday

anyone knows about this driftwater track? from the other treads here, they use is as drifting but i wonder if we can organize a trackday with motorcycle.. of course with full suit and helmets.. this would be great if we can, instead of driving 3 to 6 hour away for the nearest track..
Old 05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation
Default Re: driftwater trackday

i beleive there have been days where they setup a track for bikes once in a while
Old 05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I don't think their insurance allows for motorcycles anymore though.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

yeah if I am not mistaken the above individual is correct.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

PM pirate dan and ask...

solved.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:37 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I don't think their insurance allows for motorcycles anymore though.
Nor should it.. I remember that last thread about that place with people wanting to ride motorcycles there. Place sounded like multiple deaths waiting to happen for motorcyclists.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
Nor should it.. I remember that last thread about that place with people wanting to ride motorcycles there. Place sounded like multiple deaths waiting to happen for motorcyclists.
+432598034589034

i rather do 100+ on on/off ramps, than a place with dirt and other shit on the track
Old 05-20-2010, 01:05 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rollingstock
+432598034589034

i rather do 100+ on on/off ramps, than a place with dirt and other shit on the track
Or people could not ride like assholes on the street, nor an unsafe track without proper corner workers, emts, safety barriers, and some type of control riders to prevent people from riding over their head and getting into a nasty, possibly deadly crash.. Just saying.. Might be 'better' than over riding on/off ramps, but not my much.

This was my response to last year's thread.

There is a reason riding at the track cost money. The biggest reason is for safety. With your entry fees that you pay an organization, you are paying the track to provide corner works, emt's and other necessary personel. Are there going to be those types of people at this track? If not, what happens if someone gets a life threatening injury down track? People jump the fence and attend to them? Thats a big no-no.

Another thing that costs money is gear. If anyone is going to do this, dear god don't go without proper gear. Have you ever seen someone's knee after they drag it on asphalt without a knee puck? I've seen some bad scars. Aside from that, road rash, broken bones, higher risk for spinal injuries without a back protector.. its just a mess. Not to mention I see people over riding their limits and not using proper body position and riding techniques.. Its really asking for trouble. Track riding and racing are both high risk sports, do not forget that.

It may be tempting to do something like this if you are a street rider and want a place to go, hell, maybe its not THAT bad of an idea to get some people who ride like jackasses on the street onto a somewhat controlled area, but you will find that riding a real road course in a beginner track day is not as expensive as you would think. Another $50-100 ontop of that entry fee, proper riding gear, and really minimal bike prep and you are good to go. You don't need stands, warmers, race bodywork, ect.. I will say, if you do go to this, don't expect to ride your bike there, definitely trailer incase you take a trip through the dirt.

To the people who go, ride safe..
Old 05-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice!

yeah i was thinking about taking my bike out there but i hear the track is really bumpy esp in the turns so im gonna pass on that and take my car lol