Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

DragVA bike meet/ride... help plan it

Old 03-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default DragVA bike meet/ride... help plan it

Thought we should start putting together some ideas for a DragVA bike meet up/ride... first off all if you'd be interested in attending list your zip code so we can figure out whose where and maybe find a central spot... 23294 here in Richmond

I say we do it mid-summer so the few people still searching for bikes can have them and some experience by then and we'll have time to take off work and plan for it, i know some cool rides we could do, also I think a sunday would be best, monday-friday is obviously out for work/school, saturday wouldn't be bad but i know majority of the people have off more sundays than saturdsays... I might be a little biased but all my possible rides start in Richmond haha... i was thinking either

Eastern VA(Blue line)- Route 5 out of richmond city, its a easy ride, some curves but nothing too technical, then you hop on the ferry which you've most seen pictures of, thats fun, good chance to mingle, rest, smoke for the smokers and its pretty scenic, good photo op, then that puts you in colonial williamsburg, eat lunch there, then jump on 64 west for a few minutes and get off at west point, cross the two bridges and get on route 14 which is a awesome road, lots of really smooth sweet curves and hills, that would put us out on route 360

West(Yellow line)- 711 out of richmond to route 60, to 56 and up the blue ridge parkway, but that is a very technical ride, mile after mile of every type of hard curve you could imagine, probably not a friendly ride for a group that doesn't know each other's riding styles yet

North West(Red line)- 33 to 29 to 522 to 211(skyline drive), pretty scenic, some curves just as good as 56 and 60 but not as long so it would be easier for a group of different riding levels to stay together

other ideas:
*Downtown Richmond- any given friday or saturday night when its warm there can be near a hundred of us out, couple hang out spots, try to pick up girls, go to the warehouses and stunt(or watch other guys stunt like i do), go hit country back roads(i love curves but at night i prefer to be a poser rather than risk hitting a deer or not seeing some sand in the road) but usually makes for good day

*Virginia beach- never gotten to take my bike to the beach, that might be fun?

*Drag strip- I like every kind of riding imaginable so i go to Virginia Motor Sports Park every last friday of the month for Motorcycle Mania, usually 60 of us out there and there are some insanely fast bikes and riders, and a stunt show at the end of the night

*VIR- we could get together and do a track day at VIR, the most expensive option and would require good gear, but the most fun too

anyways throwing some ideas out there, i mean we could do a variety of them, but i think one big central meet would be cool so we can make sure whatever else we end up doin we all make it to that one
Attached Thumbnails DragVA bike meet/ride... help plan it-map.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 08:48 AM
MeOw

kwikchk has disabled reputation
Default Re: DragVA bike meet/ride... help plan it

wish i could go but they totaled my baby
Old 03-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

thats no fun... did you get money for a new one from them though? and what was it
Old 03-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Del
image*in tomorrow

Del Del Del Del

im down, just let me know when.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

I afraid to throw out a date since i cant be sure if ill have a bike by then, but im thinking late June to early July.

Eastern Va sounds fun. When you get to Williamsburg, you should hit Colonial Parkway Instead of doing the interstate. Its just way too gorgeous (sp).
Old 03-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

cbucgo is an unknown quantity at this point

count me in. 22408 here in fredericksburg
Old 03-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

the parkway sounds great....but how do sportbikes fare on cobbelstone
Old 03-05-2004, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Slow CX is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me know when and where. I sure I can get a few people to come with me. Just let me know like a week or 2 before so I can tell them to take off work. Not to soon I still waiting for my bike to come in.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Oh yeah, zip is 23693 right cheeyah!
Old 03-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

23701 Portsmouth