Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.
View Poll Results: Whats the best all around bike (600)?
GSXR
25.00%
R6
22.50%
CBR RR
25.00%
Ninja zx-6r
27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Deciding on first sport bike...opinions?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:53 AM
S a D u B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Deciding on first sport bike...opinions?

Ok. So I have always wanted a bike and now feel I am mature enough to respect one and not act like an idiot, so I will be buying one this spring unless I find a great deal before then. Problem is, I really don't know shit about them, and I'm not sure what bike is going to be best for me. I have decided to start with a 600, unless a 750 falls into my hands cheap, but I am not sure whether to go with a gsxr, ninja, r6, or cbr 600rr.

My friends with bikes all say hondas and yamahas suck because they are much slower than a gixxer or ninja. Of course the honda sales guy says the cbr is the best handling bike on the planet, but it is more expensive than the gsxr and ninja new and once again, I'm told it is not as quick.

Now, I know that I will not be able to reach the full potential of any of these bikes on the street becaue I've never ridden before, but I'm just looking for the best bike for the money I guess. I may buy new, depending on specials, but I'm not afraid of used (06+) if it's nice with low miles. Let me know what you guys like about these bikes and what your opinions are.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 05:58 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Re: Deciding on first sport bike...opinions?

They are all very close in performance and they all have different ergos. Go to a dealer and sit on some and see what is the most comfortable for you.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:25 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

5hundy
Old 10-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

I've owned 3 of the 4, haven't own a Yami yet but I have ridden a bunch of R6's and R1's. Gixxers are known to have good mid-range which translates to excellent streetability. My ninja had a very agressive seating position so it wasn't lower back friendly.

My only advice: Whatever bike you get, invest the money in a Corbin seat. It will be one of the best, if not the best investment you make.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

"My friends with bikes all say hondas and yamahas suck because they are much slower than a gixxer or ninja."

if you're basing your decision on which one is the fastest... you shouldn't get one at all.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 AM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

i have riden all of the bikes above but the ninja. i own a 07 gsxr 750. this is my first bike and in no way was it too much to start with. starting out a 600 is great no matter which on you choose. comfort, speed,handling. imo the gsxr take them all. do youself a favor and get the 750...within a month or so of riding you will be wanting a little more than a 600.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
i have riden all of the bikes above but the ninja. i own a 07 gsxr 750. this is my first bike and in no way was it too much to start with. starting out a 600 is great no matter which on you choose. comfort, speed,handling. imo the gsxr take them all. do youself a favor and get the 750...within a month or so of riding you will be wanting a little more than a 600.
HORSESHIT
Old 10-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

RalliartRsX has disabled reputation

Isnt a 600 alot of bike for the street no matter how you look at it?? I mean, its faster than 98% of the cars on the street.....................

If your getting a bike based on speed, good luck to ya..........

Have you taken the MSF course yet?? Checked out riding gear?? Any rider schools??

Do all of those first before even thinking about a bike. Simple.

Its funny, all my friends say this and that "ohh, a 600 is going to get boring, fast". "get a 1000, save yourself the trouble" etc

NO!!! Coming from cars (and being in some seriously quick machine), I worry much more while being on a bike. Everything is multiplied by magnitudes (Feeling, sight, speed, and most importantly THE DUMB ASS PEOPLE THAT DRIVE ON OUR ROADS TODAY!!!). I worry more about the people I ride with and the people who drive the streets. Shoot, a 600 is scary stuff for me currently (hence why I havent made the leap yet).

Look, do yourself a favor, read, learn, go to school, MSF, etc before deciding on a bike.

You will thank me later.

Last edited by RalliartRsX; 10-09-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

OP, you know my views on beginners and what bikes they should be on. I also say go and sit on all of them and see what they feel like. Also invest in some gear as well.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:32 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by Chino
"My friends with bikes all say hondas and yamahas suck because they are much slower than a gixxer or ninja."

if you're basing your decision on which one is the fastest... you shouldn't get one at all.
This is not what I'm doing at all. Sorry if that's the way it sounded. Just looking for the best all around bike. As far as power, want something with a good curve (or the best out of those options), not just at high rpms.

Originally Posted by BentValve
I've owned 3 of the 4, haven't own a Yami yet but I have ridden a bunch of R6's and R1's. Gixxers are known to have good mid-range which translates to excellent streetability. My ninja had a very agressive seating position so it wasn't lower back friendly.

My only advice: Whatever bike you get, invest the money in a Corbin seat. It will be one of the best, if not the best investment you make.
Thanks

Originally Posted by djgrom
5hundy
WTF?

Originally Posted by RalliartRsX

Look, do yourself a favor, read, learn, go to school, MSF, etc before deciding on a bike.

You will thank me later.
Thanks, and that's what I'm trying to do, is learn. That's why I made this thread

Quick Reply: Deciding on first sport bike...opinions?