Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Daytona 675 ???

Old 04-04-2006, 05:50 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Daytona 675 ???

Triumph Daytona 675

I'm thinking about getting one as my first bike. Anybody have any reviews, tips, advice, reasons to stay away from it, or any other help?

I'm also 6'2" and 200 lbs? Will this be enough?

Thanks in advance from a bike noob.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Re: Daytona 675 ???

Well, I don't know too much about Triumph, but that is one sexy bike.

As a first bike, it will pack more than enough punch. It's an inline 3 cylinder, and puts out about 120hp. For a first time rider, that's more than enough, no matter how much you weigh.

I would suggest not getting it, and finding something used to start. Everyone drops or goes down on their bike at some time. I bought a used R6 as my first bike, never dropped it, and recently bought a used(practically new) R1 and went down on it, so I about cried when I saw her pretty little ass all scratched up. However, I could only imagine how I would have felt if it was my first bike and was brand new at that!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:49 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

wow, that looks like a mix between an 05 and 06 r6
Old 04-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

I haven't had an opportunity to ride the 675 yet, but everything I've heard is good. It looks great on paper. Your biggest problem with the 675 is going to be finding one. They're pretty limited production (4,000 for the US market, I think) for the first year and dealers aren't getting many. D&D is pre-selling them. I did throw a leg over one last weekend - it was in the D&D showroom waiting for the lucky owner to pick it up. The stance is real aggressive. Hot looking bike.

I gotta agree with 6 though. It's an aggressive...and pretty expensive bike for a first ride. I'd go with a used Japanese 600 or something similar for a season and if you still want the 675, order one over the winter. Oh, and as far as you being 6'2" and 200 lbs. - the 675 will make more than enough power to haul, but if you're long in the legs it might be a bit cramped.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

street101 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mr.6
I would suggest not getting it, and finding something used to start. Everyone drops or goes down on their bike at some time.
Thats an awful thing to tell someone trying to get a bike a learn to ride. I would have to agree if you said that its POSSIBLE that you can lay your bike down, but to come right out and say that everyone goes down i think is only going to put him in the mindset, for every crucial decision he makes, "will this be my time to go down". Yes ive been down and many others but i think its unfair to tell him he will go down as well, mabye he will turn out different.

Its is a serious topoc and should be addressed before you get on a bike but dont tell your self that you are going to go down, or you will.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Nice looking bikes, but Triumphs have always been pigs when it comes to power...... Maybe things have changed?
Old 04-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

i like the looks. its got the air intake of a KAW lights and body of a Yammy and the tank of a honda, and the swingarm of a Gixxer. and yet, its slower than them all i dont reccomend for your first bike. and yes, 99.99 % of riders will drop their first bike, i did, and admittidley was doing something stupid at the time.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

personally i'd only get a major japanese bike, i'm sure service/parts isn't too bad for a triumph, but fact is nothing is easier to find parts/service/info than a japanese bike... i rode a new triumph 600 tt back in like 2003 and hated it, my 1995 cbr F2 would have destroyed it, they might have improved alot since but i'd imagine they are still a bit behind the other jap 600's, but god that bike is gorgeous, and on the street or occasional track day it will do everything you want it to
Old 04-04-2006, 09:09 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

Originally Posted by street101
Thats an awful thing to tell someone trying to get a bike a learn to ride. I would have to agree if you said that its POSSIBLE that you can lay your bike down, but to come right out and say that everyone goes down i think is only going to put him in the mindset, for every crucial decision he makes, "will this be my time to go down". Yes ive been down and many others but i think its unfair to tell him he will go down as well, mabye he will turn out different.

Its is a serious topoc and should be addressed before you get on a bike but dont tell your self that you are going to go down, or you will.

he needs to be in that mindset b/c he will go down and in every decision he makes he needs be ready for the worse...
Old 04-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

street101 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DC4INTERGA
he needs to be in that mindset b/c he will go down and in every decision he makes he needs be ready for the worse...
I agree that he needs to prepare himself and take every action possible to prevent a fall, but who are you to say he will go down? If you tell yourself I "WILL" go down then, yes, you will go down.

Quick Reply: Daytona 675 ???