Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycletrader.com

Old 02-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Cycletrader.com

Have you guys heard of anyone getting screwed over when they buy a bike from people on there?

I found an '02 R6 for 3200. From the pictures it doesnt appear to have damage, and i figure i will save money on the bike itself and just have it shipped here and still stay under 4 g's. So, does it sound like too good of a deal? 3334k miles on it. If i decide to go for the purchase, should i be asking him specific questions and require certain things from him (if so what?). And should i get the bike and it be something bad, what can i do about it then?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus
Default Re: Cycletrader.com

its just like autotrader.. to tell you the truth I would like to see a bike in person before i buy it
Old 02-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

cycletrader is full of frauds just like ebay, DO NOT give them ANY money unless you speak to them on the phone and see it in person... 50% of them are some guy in Nigeria with pictures and a remote bank account
Old 02-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
cycletrader is full of frauds just like ebay, DO NOT give them ANY money unless you speak to them on the phone and see it in person... 50% of them are some guy in Nigeria with pictures and a remote bank account
I can do the phone thing, but as far as seeing it in person, its located in Indiana, and i dont think im making an 11 hour trip out there anytime soon. If i talk to him by phone, should i be asking for VIN number (if such things apply to bikes).

Any more suggestions?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

no one is really happy to ship, and the big scam is shipping because they get the money first and then you dont see shit... i'd be very very cautious of anyone readily happy to ship, i mean for that money he could sell it in less than a week locally so why go through the hassle and cost of shipping ya know

but yea ask him for his phone number, maybe another # to contact him at, adress, and lots of specifics about the bike and why he is selling it
Old 02-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
no one is really happy to ship, and the big scam is shipping because they get the money first and then you dont see shit... i'd be very very cautious of anyone readily happy to ship, i mean for that money he could sell it in less than a week locally so why go through the hassle and cost of shipping ya know

but yea ask him for his phone number, maybe another # to contact him at, adress, and lots of specifics about the bike and why he is selling it
what he said
Old 02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

it's probably a scam,
like del sol wrote,
"cycletrader is full of frauds, just like ebay"