Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Crazy story

Old 09-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Crazy story

Pulled this from a rider on 600RR.net' had to share this craziness...

my week old 06 600rr DOWN!!! ON PURPOSE!!!

wish I had pics to show you guys, but its at south bound honda sitting until my great customer's insurance decides to pay. Long long long story short, I was at work when one of my co workers says in horror...."you better go check your bike, somebody just knocked it over on purpose!" So I look outside and I see an older gentleman trying to pick it up!!! So I run outside as fast as I can...and ask "what the hell are you doing?" He said "I laid your bike down for you gently because I couldnt get my passenger out of my car!!!" WTF!!! So the cops come...and well do nothing, which I really didnt expect them to. They never do....it really pisses me off because I am going to school to be one So I get his insurance info and look over my bike...almost every fairing is badly bruised on the right side...and on the left there (was) a large scratch from him hitting his door into it repeatedly. So I call honda riders club of america...and get a free tow (not saying a name) because I am going to sue them. I talk to the guy and asked him if he had ever towed a bike...he said "well a couple...mostly harleys though." So I help him get it onto the bed, because it wouldnt run (probably a tip sensor) and it was leaking gas. So he takes off, and says it would be stored over night in their garage and it would be taken to SBH tomorrow...because they were not open on monday. I thought nothing of it. I call Honda in the morning and asked them if they had received it...they said no but were expecting it at any time. So I decided to call later that afternoon on my break. I asked how it was and he said that he thought the damage would be worse but it still is quite bad for a brand new bike. He then went over the damage that he saw "oh fairings are going to have to be replaced, the handle bars, and well your foot peg is broken!" I thought to myself "foot peg? hmmm maybe I just overlooked it." I said that I would be in after work to sign some papers and show the damage to my father. We went straight there and I went to the garage...I almost cried the tow truck company dropped it on the other side (left side) thats where the broken footpeg came from Now almost every single fairing has to be replaced on my BRAND NEW bike...she only has 377 miles Any suggestions on what I should do? Sorry about the grammar, I get tired of typing in a matter of seconds haha.

thank you,

Ryan

Personally I would have went apeshit but +1 that the guy kept his cool. there is alot more to the story but that is all for now
Old 09-03-2006, 08:26 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Crazy story

Damn. Same guy posted that on VWvortex.. lol.

And it turns out he was parked in the horizontal lines right next to the handicapped spot. The man had no right to touch his property, but he was sort of in the wrong in my opinion. I've parked in those spots before when they're on the end caps of parking rows but I make sure to be way away from cars, and that's usually where I see other bikes parked. This guy, however, was not in an end cap. Sounds to me like he was in front of the door, right next to the front row handicapped spot. He was in the wrong, and I'm sorry he had to learn a lesson the hard way.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Yeah, I feel bad for him. I can't believe someone would think it's ok to lay the bike on it's side. It's not a bicycle. lol He could have just as easily backed it up a few feet.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:26 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Corey
Yeah, I feel bad for him. I can't believe someone would think it's ok to lay the bike on it's side. It's not a bicycle. lol He could have just as easily backed it up a few feet.
A lot of people aren't familiar with motorcycles. The steering was hopefully locked, and it was probably in gear.. so backing it up a few feet without the key would have been impossible, especially for someone unfamiliar with motorcycles. He wouldn't have known to put the clutch in, or where the clutch even was most likely. I find that the blame is more so on the rider than the other party, but I'm not saying either side was in the right in this situation. I'd be upset, but it's sort of like walking out in front of traffic, getting hit by a car, then being mad at the person for hitting you. You're kind of asking for it, and bringing it on yourself. Should you fight the person like this guy said he almost did? FOR WHAT????

There's a lot more to this story, and I forgot some of the important details, but I do remember that the rider was not parked in a designated parking area, and that the man who tipped it over was trying to get his handicapped wife out of the vehicle. The rider caused an inconvenience to someone with a disability.. They're both in the wrong. Period.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:27 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

damn... i would be effin PISSED... that would definately push me over the edge... not even 400 miles on the damn thing..
Old 09-03-2006, 09:30 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by onepointone
damn... i would be effin PISSED... that would definately push me over the edge... not even 400 miles on the damn thing..

Yeah, well, what can I say.. don't be a dumbass and remember to always park in a designated area; if you don't, don't cry when something like this happens. I'd be upset about my bike being damaged too, but would kick myself in the ass because ultimately I made the choice to park there.

Had it happened in a regular designated area, I can guarantee you the other man would have been held responsible for it.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:32 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
A lot of people aren't familiar with motorcycles. The steering was hopefully locked, and it was probably in gear.. so backing it up a few feet without the key would have been impossible, especially for someone unfamiliar with motorcycles. He wouldn't have known to put the clutch in, or where the clutch even was most likely. I find that the blame is more so on the rider than the other party, but I'm not saying either side was in the right in this situation. I'd be upset, but it's sort of like walking out in front of traffic, getting hit by a car, then being mad at the person for hitting you. You're kind of asking for it, and bringing it on yourself. Should you fight the person like this guy said he almost did? FOR WHAT????

There's a lot more to this story, and I forgot some of the important details, but I do remember that the rider was not parked in a designated parking area, and that the man who tipped it over was trying to get his handicapped wife out of the vehicle. The rider caused an inconvenience to someone with a disability.. They're both in the wrong. Period.

i can see your side, but that doesnt make tipping over a almost $10k bike ok. if you see a parking spot that is blocked by some jackass who parked their bike in the wrong spot, find another spot. or he could of dropped his wife off at the front of the store, and parked after she was already out. point is, you pull up somewhere, and you obviously dont have room to park and do what you need to do, then dont park there..

im usually nice when someone else is in the wrong, like when i got rear ended in my jeep by some girl while i was at a dead stop.. but i would of been a real asshole to that guy. moving a bike out of the way is one thing, but putting it on its side... come on.. thats fucked up. you know it wasnt just set over too, i bet once it got over far enough, it was dropped from being too heavy..
Old 09-03-2006, 09:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by onepointone
i can see your side, but that doesnt make tipping over a almost $10k bike ok. if you see a parking spot that is blocked by some jackass who parked their bike in the wrong spot, find another spot. or he could of dropped his wife off at the front of the store, and parked after she was already out. point is, you pull up somewhere, and you obviously dont have room to park and do what you need to do, then dont park there..

im usually nice when someone else is in the wrong, like when i got rear ended in my jeep by some girl while i was at a dead stop.. but i would of been a real asshole to that guy. moving a bike out of the way is one thing, but putting it on its side... come on.. thats fucked up. you know it wasnt just set over too, i bet once it got over far enough, it was dropped from being too heavy..

It does require a good portion of room in some cases to get someone out of a vehicle and into a wheel chair, in their defense. Pulling into another space, if that was the only available handicapped space, should not even be an option. Don't you think they have a right to park in the space? Honestly, I'm a rider, and I usually side with other riders.. but the rider was in the wrong, man. It doesn't make what they did right, but I don't think he has any room to be getting angry at someone who NEEDED the spot that he blocked. The other man should not have had to go out of his way to park elsewhere and wheel her up or pull up, unload her chair, get her in it, get her inside, then park. The zone that the motorcycle was parked in was designated basically as a loading and unloading zone for handicapped spots.

I'd be upset too, but he really doesn't have much right to try and push this into anything further. There's a reason why the man was not issued a citation, and there's a reason why the officer was not very sympathetic towards the owner of the motorcycle. He could have helped him more than he did if he was in a designated parking spot, and I don't want to hear someone accuse the cop of being a 'bike hater'
Old 09-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

shoulda tiped the old man over,and his old car.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

that cop must have been a biker hater!!..lol