Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

CL360 Bober.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninskrillz has disabled reputation
Default CL360 Bober.

So i just bought this CL360 with a 400 motor of unknown model. I want to make a hardtail bobber, and have a few questions. Will any of the TC bros hardtail frames work, or will I have to use the universal one? Secondly, the carbs were pretty badly dirty (the guy who the previous owner bought them from PAINTED them LOL), so Im gonna buy new carbs to put on her. Are the carbs for this bike 32mm like most others? I see the cl360 has 32mm carbs but is it unsafe to assume that my 400 motor uses 32mm? Are there any good frame builders around here? (VA BEACH) Thanks in advance guys.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:02 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: CL360 Bober.

Originally Posted by Ninskrillz
So i just bought this CL360 with a 400 motor of unknown model. I want to make a hardtail bobber, and have a few questions. Will any of the TC bros hardtail frames work, or will I have to use the universal one? Secondly, the carbs were pretty badly dirty (the guy who the previous owner bought them from PAINTED them LOL), so Im gonna buy new carbs to put on her. Are the carbs for this bike 32mm like most others? I see the cl360 has 32mm carbs but is it unsafe to assume that my 400 motor uses 32mm? Are there any good frame builders around here? (VA BEACH) Thanks in advance guys.

pm skroozloose...
Old 02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

i was going to but i figured maybe someone else can give input too. he will probably see the thread.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:54 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

to my knowledge, no one makes a hardtail specifically to a cl360. A universal setup like the TCBros could be made to work pretty easily though. It's a bit more work, you're gonna have to do alot of cutting and fitting, but it's doable. At least the CL's don't have a stamped steel frame like alot of other old honda's did. You can't really hardtail those type frames. You could also buy a full rigid frame for an XS or something like that and adapt your motor to fit it, but that's alot more mork, and can get pretty expensive.

if the motor mounts haven't been cut to get that 400 motor in your bike, it's most likely a CB400 motor. They go right in that frame. You sure it's 400cc though? there's quite a few honda 350's that will go in no prob too. If you can find the serial number on the cases you can cross reference it and find out exactly what year/model the motor is from. Just b/c I'm curious, does the motor have a clutch cable? There was a honda 400 twin that used an automatic (hondamatic) trans back in the day.

As far as the carbs, if you have a set for the bike, just measure them. Carbs are measured from the INSIDE diameter of the mounting flange.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
to my knowledge, no one makes a hardtail specifically to a cl360. A universal setup like the TCBros could be made to work pretty easily though. It's a bit more work, you're gonna have to do alot of cutting and fitting, but it's doable. At least the CL's don't have a stamped steel frame like alot of other old honda's did. You can't really hardtail those type frames. You could also buy a full rigid frame for an XS or something like that and adapt your motor to fit it, but that's alot more mork, and can get pretty expensive.

if the motor mounts haven't been cut to get that 400 motor in your bike, it's most likely a CB400 motor. They go right in that frame. You sure it's 400cc though? there's quite a few honda 350's that will go in no prob too. If you can find the serial number on the cases you can cross reference it and find out exactly what year/model the motor is from. Just b/c I'm curious, does the motor have a clutch cable? There was a honda 400 twin that used an automatic (hondamatic) trans back in the day.

As far as the carbs, if you have a set for the bike, just measure them. Carbs are measured from the INSIDE diameter of the mounting flange.
Do you know any good framebuilders? Im not welder.

As far as the motor goes, im just gonna find the vin and figure it out, which in turn will allow me to find out the size the carbs are. Yeah its got a clutch, and the guy i bought it from said it was a 400 motor.

Thanks for the reply ill keep you posted
Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

You can't clean/rebuild the carbs?

What kind of carbs are they?
Old 02-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

i could, but ive got money from selling my other motorcycle, so im just gonna buy new ones, the ones im looking at will give more hp anyways and i could use more of that
Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Ok so it turns out the engine is from a CB400t, trying to found out what size carbs go on it, any of you guys know?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

most every 400t had 32mm carbs. Any idea what exact year it is?

That's a pretty bulletproof motor, btw. Makes decent power for such only being 400cc's too.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

na ive got no idea. im probably just gonna order the carbs and return them if they dont fit, im sure itll be fine though.

The engine is running smooth at idle sounds real nice.

Thanks for the reply skr00z