Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cheap trackday for charity, combine with your VIR AMA weekend

Old 07-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Cheap trackday for charity, combine with your VIR AMA weekend

Me and some friends and co-workers have signed up for the Racing to Save Lives trackday. They are being run Wednesday-Friday August 15th-17th. AMA is at VIR that weekend for the superbike races so what we are doing is going down Thursday night, waking up, doing the track day friday, then heading over to the North side of the track, camping out and partying with all the AMA fans and then waking up to watch the races. So if your already planning on coming for the AMA weekend you should think about tacking on the track day before hand since your already there, and its for a really good cause. Its also probably the cheapest track time you'll find this side of race practice, and you can buy each three hour session individually, I signed up for all three, some guys are doing one or two. $70 for one, $110 for two, $140 for three, and I'm told if you do the track day you get $15 off your AMA ticket. Also unlike any other track day you don't have to prepay, you can pay when you show up at the track, hope some of you guys do it and we can finally get out and ride together, sean, onepointone?

http://www.racing2savelives.org/signup2007.php

also for anyone looking to do their first track day this is perfect, the bike prep is almost zero, just run water instead of coolant, gear restrictions are minimal as well, you only need gloves, boots, a jacket and pants which can be leather or textile. There will also be classes and instruction if anyone is interested in that.

Last edited by Del La Sol 1320; 07-13-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:09 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom
Default Re: Cheap trackday for charity, combine with your VIR AMA weekend

Damn....I really want to go. Would they let me on with bias ply tires that are supposed to perform like radials? I have a 91 ex500 and well...can not put radials on that.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

I don't think theres any tire restriction as long as they have tread, but i'd send them an email
Old 07-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by djgrom
Damn....I really want to go. Would they let me on with bias ply tires that are supposed to perform like radials? I have a 91 ex500 and well...can not put radials on that.
w000...I want to take my 500...

If you want to go there together, we can put the bikes in my truck...
Old 07-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

OMG
really have to decided
Texas or Track&AMA?
AMA was awesome last year, but it is Texas...
Old 07-14-2007, 05:17 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'd like to do it. What are they going to require in terms of gear? I know that sounds like a silly question, but I wasn't sure if it was an actual track day, or a charitable reason to ride your bike on a track... There IS a difference. My problem is that I just sold half of my two piece. I sold the jacket, and the pants are too big now.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320

also for anyone looking to do their first track day this is perfect, the bike prep is almost zero, just run water instead of coolant, gear restrictions are minimal as well, you only need gloves, boots, a jacket and pants which can be leather or textile. There will also be classes and instruction if anyone is interested in that.
Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I'd like to do it. What are they going to require in terms of gear?
there you go
Old 07-14-2007, 06:27 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

D'oh! You see how far I read then, eh? I stopped reading when I realized I could probably come up with enough money to do it. lol
Old 07-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Registered member

kinda figured I am the same way
Old 07-14-2007, 02:22 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

fuck thats tempting...

my girlfriend is moving up to NYU the following weekend, so im not even sure i can go to the AMA races..

damn.. i might have to make it happen....

Quick Reply: Cheap trackday for charity, combine with your VIR AMA weekend