Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Broken Ankle...

Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Broken Ankle...

Last Thurs. (9/6) I was riding out on Genito up in Richmond and hit some gravel and went down on the bike. Not speeding or anything out of the ordinary, just HUGE rocks. A fella had rocked his driveway with those railroad rocks and people driving by had knocked them into the road. My buddy was ahead of me on his R1 with his G/F on the back so we weren't being stupid but he got through the curve. I slid mine down into the ditch.

I got up, walked around, got checked out by the ambulance and went home. I've been hobbling around since then and finally went to the doctor today (9/9). They took an x-ray that revealed I had broken my ankle in 2 places. I was just wondering how long it took any of you guys to heal up off of a broken ankle.

Also, a state trooper that showed up accused me of being drunk, gave me a breathalizer and wrote me a reckless driving ticket. It wouldn't piss me off if I had been speeding or being wreckless but I do not feel like I deserved a ticket. Definately a bad night.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Broken Ankle...

fight the ticket
that is BS
also it would be wise to get some motorcycle boots, they will keep your feet protected
Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

My wife broke her foot when she dropped the 500. It took her 3 months or so to get back to full health. Even now, her foot will swell from time to time. Supposedly, it'll swell up to a year. Glad to see you made it out relatively unscathed. Sucks about the ticket; I would definitely see if you can find a lawyer to fight it Pro Bono since it was a road hazard and not you being reckless. It might also help to return to the site of the accident and take photos of the gravel, and photos of where you went down.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Drft dont Rice

White Pinoy is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to heard bout your night but everyone has'em. I would take pics of the rock drive way, the rocks in the road, and how far you slid into the ditch i think that would help out with the ticket.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:38 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I have broken my foot and ankle before, took like 1.5 months just because of the cast and I was fine to walk around on it after wards besides it being weak from muscle loss and pins and needles.