Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

BRAND NEW sv650s, nail in tire.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:18 PM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default BRAND NEW sv650s, nail in tire.

well, first off, i just got my bike. 04' sv650s from burchams. ive had it 3 days, but 100 miles on it in the first 2 days, maybe 3 today since it started raining right after i got out, so i came home.

anyways, the first day i got the bike, i must of picked up a nail, because it was there the next day when i was riding. its VERY small, and it doesnt even have a head on it. ultimate cycle and burchams wont patch it because of liability, and i completely understand. the tire had 60 miles on it when i noticed the nail. it leaks 2 psi in 4 hours, so ive just been keeping a REALLY close eye on the tire psi, and im not riding hard anyway, but i know i need to do something aobut this.

a.) you think burchams will help me out since i JUST bought the bike from them?

b.) what tire should i get, and anywhere cheap? i know you cant put a price on safety, but i just got this bike, with payments, insurance, and so on, im not ready to drop $230 on a tire/mount/balance which is what i was quoted. the size is 160/60/17

this really pissed me off, now im just really bummed out. this sucks.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: BRAND NEW sv650s, nail in tire.

well theres your problem, you should have bought it from us at Ken's j/k

but seriously we are much better about helping our customer's than them... i did my rounds shopping at all the local suzuki dealers before i started working at one and this one was definetly the best, with ultimate a sometimes close second when gunther was helping me, sometimes way off when any of their other idiots were working

but ask them, get a price and if you want i'll see what i could do for you tomorrow... hopefully we aren't too far out of the way for you
Old 08-05-2004, 08:12 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
well theres your problem, you should have bought it from us at Ken's j/k

but seriously we are much better about helping our customer's than them... i did my rounds shopping at all the local suzuki dealers before i started working at one and this one was definetly the best, with ultimate a sometimes close second when gunther was helping me, sometimes way off when any of their other idiots were working

but ask them, get a price and if you want i'll see what i could do for you tomorrow... hopefully we aren't too far out of the way for you
Does the shop you work at sell helmets? I need to get one...i dont really feel comfortable ordering online just because of sending it back because of fitting issues. Screw Casey's.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

we do... what are you looking for?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

DONT even start about nails in tires..
Old 08-05-2004, 08:21 PM

we do... what are you looking for?
anything in silver and black actually.

I've been looking at the Scorpion EXO400 Octane and the EXO400 Warhawk Carry any Scorpion?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tiki240
DONT even start about nails in tires..
must be a new tire thing. when i got my new tires i put about 180 miles on them before i noticed a nail in it. well 2300 miles later the nail is still in there. it loses like 3-4 psi every week give or take. doesnt seem to hurt anything so when the tire strarts to lose thread ill buy a new one. safety wise what sthe worst that can happen its a small hole it will just lose air gradually till its flat. you should be able to feel it going flat so slow down and get to a safe place . then again i could be wrong though you could lose control and crash so disregard everything i just said and buy a new tire. i should also
Old 08-06-2004, 05:36 AM
Registered Member

none of my distributers carry scorpion yet, if i'm not mistaken this is their first year in the states, or is that shark... but i have access to Vega, Nitro, KBC, Arai, Shoei, HJC, AGV, Icon, Nolan, Cyber, M2R, Suomy, Z1R, Grex, Fulmer, and AFX. So out of those I'm sure you could find something you like.

As for the nail in the tire, new tires seem to be a magnet for them, I've probably had 15 guys come in with nails in their tires, and I'm not joking every single last one was either a brand new bike, or someone that bought a brand new tire. You like never hear of someone getting a nail in their tire after like 3,000 miles on it.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Hey De La,
How much for an 04 Blue/White Gixxer 750 out the door?
Old 08-06-2004, 08:15 AM

none of my distributers carry scorpion yet, if i'm not mistaken this is their first year in the states, or is that shark... but i have access to Vega, Nitro, KBC, Arai, Shoei, HJC, AGV, Icon, Nolan, Cyber, M2R, Suomy, Z1R, Grex, Fulmer, and AFX. So out of those I'm sure you could find something you like.

As for the nail in the tire, new tires seem to be a magnet for them, I've probably had 15 guys come in with nails in their tires, and I'm not joking every single last one was either a brand new bike, or someone that bought a brand new tire. You like never hear of someone getting a nail in their tire after like 3,000 miles on it.
wheres your shop located? Are a lot of those helmets in stock? It actually doesn't matter what i get, i just liked the styling and features. Anything will do thats comfortable though

Quick Reply: BRAND NEW sv650s, nail in tire.