Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bought a new (to me) trackbike.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:34 PM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Bought a new (to me) trackbike.

I have been toying around with getting another track bike, and I had found one that I couldnt pass up. I am waiting for my friend to upload pictures from the trip, but I snapped of few of the bike.

Its a 2005 GSXR1000 that is pretty nicely setup from a WERA racer. He lived in Birmingham, AL, but was nice enough to come 4 hours my way which helped A LOT. Ill post more about the trip later, but here are pictures of the bike. I can't wait to get back out there. I was hesitant to step up to a 1000 from a 600, but I am sure it will be fine. Since I took a year off, Im guessing Ill be going back to Intermediate group from Advanced, but that will give me some time to get used to the way the bike (does or doesn't) behave. The only think I have planned is the re-spring the suspension for my weight (im 75lbs lighter than the previous owner), and paint the bodywork. Maybe a superbike tail, but Ill see how this one feels.

What do you all think?

Old 02-15-2009, 01:35 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bought a new (to me) trackbike.

And, for shits and giggles, this is my old 600 I rode back in 2007 with NESBA.

Last edited by onepointone; 02-15-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

i wish they still made that helmet
Old 02-15-2009, 02:33 PM
ASE Master

i think sportbiketrackgear still has them, dont they? Might be a different scheme, but its still a exo-700.

I have 4 of them in my closet, only two are good though.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

They have that helmet design on the site, but it's sold out. If you can find a Geronimo EXO-700 lmk!

Nice purchase.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

ramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to behold

nice find and good luck on the track
Old 02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I Monkey Around!

JTstyle will become famous soon enoughJTstyle will become famous soon enough

Very very nice!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

jbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to all

Very nice and have fun.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

very nice!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:39 PM
=D

Mesto will become famous soon enoughMesto will become famous soon enough

Pure Sex.

Quick Reply: Bought a new (to me) trackbike.