Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bored.. thought id post a few.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:57 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Bored.. thought id post a few.

I spent about a total of 10 hours getting the bodywork to fit up right. probably a few hours a day after work a couple times a week for 3 weeks. i heard from a few people that hotbodies didnt line up worth a shit, but for $500 i decided to try my chances. either way, its done, and i will probably never buy hotbodies again after this. its not half bad now though, just needs some paint.

im debating trying to make a track day december 16th in GA, or just waiting for spring. i still have a few more parts on order.

heres what it was before this.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Bored.. thought id post a few.

well it was def worth the time cause it looks sweet, what are you going to paint it???
Old 11-25-2006, 10:48 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

thanks,

not quite sure. i wish i had bought a black bike so i could paint it black and the tank would match. i know the tail is going to be white. the front will probably be blue with a white number plate (only doing track days right now), and the bottom painted black. ill probably have the blue run down over the seem into the belly pan, kind like this, but the upper will be one solid color.

Last edited by onepointone; 11-25-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:10 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

so whats the intel on the hotbodies--they did'nt line up or are they just flimsy? Pics look good...
Old 11-25-2006, 12:26 PM
ASE Master

thanks man,

its just that they dont line up or fit worth a shit. i spent a good 2 hours just trying to get the windscreen to fit in there decently. on the k6 600/750's the middle screw in the windscreen goes through the fairing/windscreen and into the fairing stay. i left it out because where the screen was on the body, it wont line up with the stay.

then i had to drill and tap 2 holes into my subframe for the superbike tail, which i wasnt really thrilled about.

and a few other little fitment issues. ive heard alot of things about other plastics, and no one has anything but negative things to say about hotbodies. hense, this is my only experience with race plastics, im going to give another company a try next go round.. i got these from sportbiketrackgear.com for $500 shipped.

i will plug them though. brian at sportbiketrackgear is VERY helpfull and knowledgable in what they sell. if they dont race with it, they dont sell it. when i e-mailed him with any questions, he personally called me to let me know what was going on. i was so pleased with the service, i made 2 more orders through them. in the past month ive spent almost 2 grand with them. i recommend them to everyone.

Last edited by onepointone; 11-25-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

yea hot bodies is hit or miss, you never know what your going to get, i've had two sets, one was perfect, one took some work, same with my friends, one guy spent hours getting it right, the other guy's was like OEM

the bike looks GREAT i'm so jealous, that would be the ultimate track bike i think

december sounds way cold, although might have lots of open track
Old 11-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by onepointone
I'm telling Joe you're using a pic of his bike.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:14 PM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
yea hot bodies is hit or miss, you never know what your going to get, i've had two sets, one was perfect, one took some work, same with my friends, one guy spent hours getting it right, the other guy's was like OEM

the bike looks GREAT i'm so jealous, that would be the ultimate track bike i think

december sounds way cold, although might have lots of open track
thanks man, im hoping its going to be pretty good on the track.

i had bought the bike originally with this in mind, but i wanted to ride it on the street before i thrash it/wreck it. now that its too cold (atleast for me this year), i decided to do this.

so far:

hotbodies bodywork
galfer superbike lines
versha pads (next order)
520 race chain with some sprockets(on the way)
brembo master cylinder possibly before spring.
pitbull stands (on the way).
pretty much everything saftey wired.

spent a good amount of money on alpinestars suit, boots, and gloves, and a bohn carbon back protector.

anyone have anything to say about the pilot powers on the track? ive heard in general they are pretty decent. im thinking of going with some power race tires, but i dont have warmers, and i dont know if i would have access to a electrical outlet even if i did.

right now im saving some cash to rework the suspension.

Originally Posted by Corey
I'm telling Joe you're using a pic of his bike.
haha, yea, it was a good example of what im going for.

Last edited by onepointone; 11-25-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i ran my 1000 with pilot powers for a year and loved them, plenty of grip for track days... when i got a dedicated track bike i switched to power races and loved those too, i've run them with and with out tire warmers, they aren't a necessity with them, on hot days i could get a knee down in turn one with out warmers on them, but if its cold i'd give myself atleast a lap to let them, and my body, warm up... if its not going to see any street time i'd probably say get the power races
Old 11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
ASE Master

ill probably either pick up another set of wheels, or just burn off the rest of my pilot powers then switch to race tires. i can mount/balance my own wheels, so its not big deal to switch tires on the stock wheels.