Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bikes Outside 24/7?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default Bikes Outside 24/7?

Im in the middle of my bike search (01-03 Honda F4i) and am wondering how many of you guys keep your bike's outside all the time?

I dont have a garage, and would be keeping the bike locked and covered in my parking lot when not in use and then on my back patio (its pretty large) during the winter with a rear stand and a cover. The only time it would be inside would be when I bring it to work and park in the parking garage.

Anyone else do this?

Can anyone recommend me a cover that wont beat the bike up?

Im thinking in the winter I might run (2) covers: One soft one underneath and then a really strong weather-proof cover on top...your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 AM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3
Default Re: Bikes Outside 24/7?

back patio if you have to store it outside.. i might be selling my f4i soon
Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Don Juan
back patio if you have to store it outside
The only problem is that my patio is hard to reach with a motorcycle. It would be something I keep on the patio only during the months that Im not actually riding it. I would need to get a ramp to get it down the 3-4 stairs and it wouldnt be something I would do daily. More like a few times a season max.

Im thinking in the parking lot (which seems very safe..I park my cars there without worry) in its own spot with a cover when its not in use. I dont want a cover thats going to beat the bike up in the wind, but instead one that is soft against the paint and yet can handle some rain in the months that its not on the patio.
.. i might be selling my f4i soon
Do you have pics up? A Price in mind?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

DOWCO motorcycle cover is the way to go. http://www.dowco-inc.com/CoverGuide.asp?seg=2&ct=3

I used to get the wal-mart covers, but those shed to pieces after only one summer. I did some research and found that DOWCO has been the best quality covers for years. They give you lifetime warranty, so if it ever get damaged from natural causes, you can just send it back and they send you a new one. I can honestly say, it does its job really well.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:21 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Outside, in the driveway, 24/7, no cover, all seasons. If you ride the damn thing on a normal basis then you won't have to worry about it.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by professorman
DOWCO motorcycle cover is the way to go. http://www.dowco-inc.com/CoverGuide.asp?seg=2&ct=3

I used to get the wal-mart covers, but those shed to pieces after only one summer. I did some research and found that DOWCO has been the best quality covers for years. They give you lifetime warranty, so if it ever get damaged from natural causes, you can just send it back and they send you a new one. I can honestly say, it does its job really well.
Cool. Found the cover in Medium for $60 at Moto Superstore. Sounds pretty ideal in terms of soft on the inside, waterproof, and grommets on the bottom.

Originally Posted by Gazoo
Outside, in the driveway, 24/7, no cover, all seasons. If you ride the damn thing on a normal basis then you won't have to worry about it.
Im not really worried about it. I just dont want to deal with the bike being dirty from rain/snow all the time, especially on the mornings when I want to take it to work and dont want to get whatever pants Im wearing all dirty. I'll likely be wearing some kind of kevlar or armor pants anyway, but just in case I wear khakis one day or jeans on casual friday or something along those lines.

That and I dont know if Ill be riding it much December through February and would like to have it covered when its not in use.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Originally Posted by Gazoo
+1
Old 05-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

and1baller has disabled reputation

i keep mine on the back patio under a wal-mart cover. had it since oct and a few threads around the bottom elastic are coming out. plan to upgrade when this one goes.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

KiLLa BeE is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 01 F4i that I'm thinking of selling...

I have more pics if you want them...shoot me a PM

-wiLL
Old 05-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KiLLa BeE
I have an 01 F4i that I'm thinking of selling...

I have more pics if you want them...shoot me a PM

-wiLL
PMd you.

-Jack

Quick Reply: Bikes Outside 24/7?