Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bike shop fucked up today.....almost killed me.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Turtle Salad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi
Default Re: Bike shop fucked up today.....almost killed me.

Might do that...but from they way they acted I don't think anything would come of it...the owner was there....he was all talkative to me trying to sell me a new trike Spyder thing...but after I had to come back after the incident he didn't say a word.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:27 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Originally Posted by EGon10psi
I have never been in that situation or heard of it before so I didn't know what to do.....I was just glad both me and the bike were in 1 piece.

Ruckersville,Va shop...Virginia PowerSports

I didn't want to dog them or go off on a rant because I know mistakes happen..but the fact that I could have gotten injured or died and they didn't even offer me a free oil change after really bugs me. Not how I would do business but was not too sure how to handle it.

I know many people are telling you to go all off here but I think the way you handled it was very mature. The best thing for you to do if you want to let others know is instead of bitching here write a review on a reputable service that people search for reviews of shops and lay it out as honestly as you can with out trying to flame them. It makes you come off looking like the bigger man.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

El Illest has disabled reputation
Default Bike shop fucked up today.....almost killed me.

The bigger man that almost died because of a shops carelessness.... That's how I see it, you're out there riding on two wheels they could at least take the time to preform a proper oil change.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Registered Member

power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight
Default Bike shop fucked up today.....almost killed me.

You need to at least make them detail the bike for free. No way I would take that bike back with oil all over it..
Old 03-17-2013, 05:43 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by djgrom
I know many people are telling you to go all off here but I think the way you handled it was very mature. The best thing for you to do if you want to let others know is instead of bitching here write a review on a reputable service that people search for reviews of shops and lay it out as honestly as you can with out trying to flame them. It makes you come off looking like the bigger man.
He handled it maturely, but he also handled it exactly how the shop hoped he would.

Shame on them for downplaying it and not doing one damn thing to make up for it.

Furthermore, shame on the owner for not acknowledging the fuck up and apoligizing wholeheartedly and somehow attempting to make it up to him.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Glad you're alright bro. I would of def worked something out with them for future services, free gear, something.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Turtle Salad

EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi

Thanks Q....I just left it alone...I know everyone makes mistakes but that could have been a serious one. I am just glad that I am alright.....I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else there. They aren't listed on Google reviews anyway. Took me 3 days to clean all the oil off it but everything is fine now. Obviously will not be going back there.