VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Bike shop fucked up today.....almost killed me. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/bike-shop-fucked-up-today-almost-killed-me-466035/)

EGon10psi 03-12-2013 01:09 PM

Bike shop fucked up today.....almost killed me.

Took my bike in for oil change and chain change.....they took about an hour and half.....there is no way it takes that long to do that on a 2007 gsxr 600.

Went 1/4 mile down road....ass end broke out (almost dropped in in traffic) then it was like riding like it was on ice.
Pulled over the bike is smoking and I have oil all over everything the bike is smoking.
Called the shop they came and picked it up
Nobody spoke to me or asked if I was okay
The spray some degreaser on it and spray it down and basically give it back with oil still all over the rear tail/seat
He tells me the that the reason it blew off was double O ring that he couldn't see at first????

Long story short..they fucked up my oil change and I almost died...they gave me back a dirty bike with not even a coupon....

EF_LOVE 03-12-2013 01:11 PM

Re: Bike shop fucked up today.....almost killed me.

Fu** that noise. I'd raise hell..Imo there would be some compensating somewhere

EGon10psi 03-12-2013 01:17 PM

They didn't offer shit...I had to actually ask for additional paper work to note that the incident occurred...

I said "do you think I turned it off in time" ...they said " lets hope so but lets not worry that far yet"

burnoutboy 03-12-2013 02:01 PM

ANd you're not putting thier name out there because? They can't take out my COD: B.O. II buddy!!

dyoungin' 03-12-2013 02:03 PM

I would have dropped it and made them buy me a new bike/complain of back injuries, etc. They should have treated you like royalty and said all your oil changes are on us from now on.

Kris.Is.Foamin 03-12-2013 02:08 PM

Yeah, there's no excuse. You should have called a lawyer right there. What shop is this?

dyoungin' 03-12-2013 02:19 PM

I would have called state police, grabbed a witness, etc. There's no way they would have touched it until police had showed up.

EGon10psi 03-12-2013 03:07 PM

I have never been in that situation or heard of it before so I didn't know what to do.....I was just glad both me and the bike were in 1 piece.

Ruckersville,Va shop...Virginia PowerSports

I didn't want to dog them or go off on a rant because I know mistakes happen..but the fact that I could have gotten injured or died and they didn't even offer me a free oil change after really bugs me. Not how I would do business but was not too sure how to handle it.

dyoungin' 03-12-2013 03:13 PM

Give them a terrible review on Yelp (if they have one). Write a letter to the owner's address expressing you concern for their lack of concern for your safety.

burnoutboy 03-12-2013 03:18 PM

I've done it (let the gasket come off the old filter and stick to the block without realizing it) once on MY car but that's completely different than having a "professional" service shop do it to your bike that they're responsible for. Even if they ofered a free oil change after the one where they replace all the oil you lost and the bad filter I'd turn it down. The only thing they could give me is my money back for the first one they fucked up.