Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bike problem

Old 08-05-2006, 04:10 AM
Madnjelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle
Default Bike problem

I came home from work this morning and my bike has a flat, so i need a help with a few things...one i dont own a truck to get it somewhere to get it replaced, 2 if i get a truck i need a ramp, and 3 i need an idea of where to go for the best prices.....fyi im in yorktown if anyone is willing to help PM for phone #...Thanks
Old 08-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bike problem

Heres the way i did mine. Go to wal mart they got a pump that plugs into a 12 volt source of a car(15 bucks). Tire plug kit for 3-5$. Thats all you need man. Theres even directions on the kit. I drove around on my pluged tire over 2000 miles and went 150. I had two plugs not just one. But if your anal you can get it replaced. I had only had my tire for less then 200 miles by the time i got two nails all i could say was i was glad i didn't replace it the first time. Good luck let me know if you need any more help
Old 08-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

I have a rear stand if you need to take the rear off. Also have truck, trailer and ramps if you want to drop off the whole bike. Do you just need some help dropping it off somewhere? I can probably do it one evening for gas or something. Call around but redline is probably the closest and easiest to deal with. Have them order a tire in or you can drop the bike off and have it sit there until the tire comes in

I'm not too into riding with plugged tires but is by far the easiest option to fix it or temporarily fix it so you can get it to whoever is putting the new tire on
Old 08-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

i got a truck u just need a ramp ^^
Old 08-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Madnjelly

MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle MexDizzle

hey guys, i started to pull the tire off and a neihbor came over and let my use his stand, i just need a temp fix to get back and forth from work till next payday.....thanks anyway
Old 08-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Lurker Extraordinair

TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid

Would rec. Redline also. Much nicer to deal with than casey.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:11 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by ef9zc
Heres the way i did mine. Go to wal mart they got a pump that plugs into a 12 volt source of a car(15 bucks). Tire plug kit for 3-5$. Thats all you need man. Theres even directions on the kit. I drove around on my pluged tire over 2000 miles and went 150. I had two plugs not just one. But if your anal you can get it replaced. I had only had my tire for less then 200 miles by the time i got two nails all i could say was i was glad i didn't replace it the first time. Good luck let me know if you need any more help

You're ruining it for everyone.. When you kill yourself on your bike, you're going to be another statistic that is going to cost us ALL more money.

It's one thing to plug a tire and ride from point A to point B because you can't afford another tire yet and you have to ride the bike to get to work or something, but to me.. you're just asking to meet up with the reaper! Doing 150 on a relatively unpredictable tire? In a car, sure, a plug is great in a tire. On a bike, I don't trust them. I don't care. I just don't trust them. I would ride on it if I had to, but you would never see me riding with a big neon sign above my head saying "I'M TRYING TO KILL MYSELF"
Old 08-05-2006, 05:02 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

ahem... i've put well over 1000 miles (some very high speed miles) on a plugged tire. never had a problem. every one has thier views on the subject. i, personally, have run plenty of plugged rear tires. i wouldn't run a plugged front though.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

Ok well the first time my tire went flat i was going over 100 and then my back started to feel a little loose. When i pulled over it was completely flat you could push down on the top. If you haven't gone over 100 on a flat then don't talk shit. I personally will plug everytime. I would be out what like 500 bucks right now for 2 flat tires ive had in the first 2 monthes of owning my bike.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:29 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by ef9zc
Ok well the first time my tire went flat i was going over 100 and then my back started to feel a little loose. When i pulled over it was completely flat you could push down on the top. If you haven't gone over 100 on a flat then don't talk shit. I personally will plug everytime. I would be out what like 500 bucks right now for 2 flat tires ive had in the first 2 monthes of owning my bike.

You're asking for it.

When you play with fire, you're going to get burnt. That goes for anyone.

I don't wish that on anyone.