Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bike people

Old 03-23-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bike people

I have never ridden and was thinking of getting one, a 92 f2 with 18000 miles on it. Sound pretty good? How many miles is too much? Thanks for ANY input.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bike people

Sounds good to me. How much $?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Jonny T

00Si-R is an unknown quantity at this point

18,000 is a bit much. How much are you looking into spending? 4-5K can get you something much newer with less miles (i.e. 98-99 CBR, 98-00 ZX-6R, etc.). If that is your only option, you need to look into whether that particular bike has been in an accident, how well it was taken care of, where it has been stored when not riding, who rode it, etc.

That bike was a good bike back in the day, but it has been over 12 years since it was brand new. Like I said, I would look into something a bit newer (like 97 and up). Try www.cycletrader.com, they have some good deals that you can search for in your immediate and non-immediate area.

I would also recommend taking the MSF course ASAP. This is a good class that only takes a weekend to complete and you test for your license on the last day, Sunday. Look into this, for sure.

And it's good that you are looking at a 600. That is more than enough for beginners as well as 'experts'. Be safe. Be smart. Don't be one of these fools that just gets a bike for the sex appeal or whatever. It's a great hobby and it rewards the people who respect it.

Just my $.02 Anyone else got tips for the up and coming rider(s)?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:13 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

I dont know, numerous people told me to stay away from Inline 4 600's and stick with something alittle lower to learn on. I'm glad I didn't. I hoped right on my 600 although the power was there, and it did scare the shit out of me for about a month.....haha. I didn't regret buying it one bit. I'd say get a 600. Just dont buy something brand new that you'll shed tears over dropping.

I bought my bike because of sex appeal.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Jonny T

To each his own. LOL
Old 03-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

92 f2 with 18k is perfect as a beginner bike as long as the price is right (2k or less). No need to waste money on a newer bike that he will more than likely drop. Also mid 90's 600's are perfect begginner bikes, if you can't handle one (mentally & physically) then you shouldn't be on a bike at all.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:45 PM

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks to all for your input I really appreciate it. I'm believe I'm definitly getting into the sport for the right reasons. Any more input would be great.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Jonny T

Yeah, I guess. In my opinion, I would take a newer bike with less miles.

But, there are a lot of things to consider here. Such as, how much he's willing to spend, what kind of condition the bike is in, anwhat other bikes are available.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 00Si-R
Yeah, I guess. In my opinion, I would take a newer bike with less miles.

But, there are a lot of things to consider here. Such as, how much he's willing to spend, what kind of condition the bike is in, anwhat other bikes are available.
I definitely see what you're sayin, but I'd rather spend 2k or less on a cheap 600 that I can drop a couple times and not care. Ride it for 6 months and buy something newer.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

dont worrie about the miles as long as it was taken care of.....

Quick Reply: Bike people