Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Best sprockets?

Old 07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ef9zc has disabled reputation
Default Best sprockets?

Alright i ride alot like i've riden 4400 and have only had my bike almost 2 monthes. I want to go -1 front +2 rear. I want to know what is some of the best sprocket brands. I dont want vortex because i hear they wear out fast. I am thinking about getting black ones if thats available in a good brand. I have a black gsxr 600 06'.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:00 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Best sprockets?

any steel sprocket should be fine. jt's are probably the easiest to find. the reason the vortex's (and renthal's) wear out fast is because they're aluminum (less unsprung weight). aluminum is all fine and good for a race/track bike, but you'd never notice the weight difference on the street. go for some good steel ones, paint em black if you want (i use pj1 epoxy paint, it's almost as tough as powdercoating)
Old 07-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

steve man there a certain site u recomend for bike shopping im new to this shit had a civic and moved up to better things
Old 07-25-2006, 02:02 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by ef9zc
steve man there a certain site u recomend for bike shopping im new to this shit had a civic and moved up to better things
Thats one of the best things said in a while.

Btw- Did you get a car yet Mark? I don't see how you could just be riding the bike around everywhere.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:26 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by ef9zc

uh...i usually just order aftermarket stuff from a dealer, they all get thier stuff from the same distributors, so it's gonna be about the same price no matter where you go. but if you insist on getting them yourself, i usually go thru:

www.bikebandit.com
www.mrcycles.com
www.ronayers.com

or there's always good ol' e-bay
Old 07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by j4k3
Thats one of the best things said in a while.

Btw- Did you get a car yet Mark? I don't see how you could just be riding the bike around everywhere.
I'll never buy a car again. The day ill need a car ill get a wife.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:58 PM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I also have a 06 600 and went -1 with the Vortex Front. I got it from IndySuperBikes.com Great place with good prices and shipping. I got it in like 3 days. Its just right for the street. Checkout gixxer.com for great info. Ps it took only like 20min to puton start to finish.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all

I did a -1 in the front on my 06 gsxr600. I got it from motomummy.com for like 30 shipped and i love it. it really wakes the bike up a lot. i think you should try the front first and if you want more gear, then go up in the back. I think mine is afam or something. I love it. I think the bike should have came this way.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 PM
hatrs make me famous

well any of the front sprockets you get are going to be steel. you can't get alum front sprockets. because the front is so much smaller than the rear, it's spinning alot faster than the rear, so it's wear out stupidly fast. i guess just go for what you like. i'm just saying, on a streetbike, with a street rider (yes there's a BIIIG difference between the track and street) steel is more than ok, and it wears twice as well.

and yeah, dropping a tooth on the front and/or raising a few on the rear will make the bike alot more fun to ride around on. you may lose a few mph at the VERY top, but how many times have you ever actually topped out 6th gear?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

once so far for like 5 mins and i was lost and on the run not a good situation

Quick Reply: Best sprockets?