Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Best Jacket for Summer riding?

Old 01-25-2006, 10:13 AM
yard man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
professorman has disabled reputation
Default Best Jacket for Summer riding?

I am new to the motorcycle world. I am trying to get a jacket. Today, I went to the motorcycle shop, and all the sales representatives there told me that they wear textile jackets.
I however want to get Leather Jacket. After reading, I think Perforated Leather Jacket is better.

How does Perforated Leather Jacket compare to Solid Leather Jacket? is it adequate protection for the average rider?

Can anyone recommend a good buy for about $200-$250-$300?
I am looking on some of Joe Rocket products (beacause I tried them on in the store and know I wear size 44). Can anyone recommend other brands or models that I can look into?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Best Jacket for Summer riding?

Stay with leather
Old 01-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. I have a used "L" size, blk/ylw for sale if you are interested. Worn 1 season. If you want pics, PM me with your email.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 PM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
Stay with leather
What about Perforated Leather? How does it compare?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by profroopchan
What about Perforated Leather? How does it compare?

almost exactly the same. The leather is thick enough and of good enough quality where the perf's aren't going to cause it to wear. If you must buy a textile/mesh jacket only buy one with solid textile in the elbows and shoulders because while the mesh is great for keeping you cool in areas that you won't be sliding on it also wears through in a couple of feet if thats the only thing on the areas most likely to slide on......I learned that the hardway in a wreck...I had to pick and scrub the melted mesh out of my road rash.

they have Joe Rocket Blaster perf'd leather jackets for $180 here(1st link).....beats paying $300 retail like a sucker. Buy a perf'd one from them and be done with it. Not super high quality but decent stuff that'll protest you. With the $ you save you can buy some gloves(2nd link). They always have closeouts going on so keep checking up on them

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...acket_page.htm

http://www.newenough.com/teknic_spee...loves_page.htm

I've bought from them almost a dozen times and they're top notch every single time. They have some of the quickest shipping(they usually only show stuff in stock) and best return policies of anywhere online. Takes 3 days to get here and you save $120 + tax over retail(Casey Cycle City also often sells for above MSRP).
Old 01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by xshanex
http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...acket_page.htm

http://www.newenough.com/teknic_spee...loves_page.htm

I've bought from them almost a dozen times and they're top notch every single time. They have some of the quickest shipping(they usually only show stuff in stock) and best return policies of anywhere online. Takes 3 days to get here and you save $120 + tax over retail(Casey Cycle City also often sells for above MSRP).
yup, bought some very hard to find gloves from them at a very cheap price, good company to deal with.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

I agree wholeheartedly.........they now have the Joe Rocket Super Ego......it can be both a full leather jacket or you can zip out part of the front and rear leather panels to be a leather/mesh mix for the summer. I have this jacket and am happy with it.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

i wear an ICON timax jacket when its warm out. it has extra protection on the high wear areas,. even Ti plating and stitching.

i have perforated leather pants for the dragon or track days,.. but unless you are constantly moving,. they are still crazy hott.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i've never worn anything but leather, i currently wear a solid leather jacket all year round but a perfed one for summer is best, if it has a zip out liner for spring/fall thats great but if not you can put a long sleeve shirt underneath or a big hoodie on the outside