Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Anyone know of a place to get my motorcycle seat reshaped/refoarmed?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Full-time New Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Cool Anyone know of a place to get my motorcycle seat reshaped/refoarmed?

Hellooooooo.

I recently purchased a used factory seat for my ZZR600 with the intentions of making it an even more comfortable touring seat. Those Corbin seats costs a decent amount of money, and sometimes don't even help the problem.

My question is, do any of you know of a place where I can take my extra motorcycle seat to get it reshaped as well as install a new foam/gel in certain areas to make it more comfortable? I was thinking on doing it myself, but maybe I can get a professional to do it instead. I know there are a bunch of upholstery shops, any of them do motorcycle seats?

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone know of a place to get my motorcycle seat reshaped/refoarmed?

Anyone had this done?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone know of a place to get my motorcycle seat reshaped/refoarmed?

Recently I recovered and reshaped my seat myself after calling all the auto upholstery shops in the area. Every single one I called said they did motorcycle seats. I brought my seat to the shop closest to me, which was Nicks Upholstery, and he wanted $100 to just cover the old vinyl with new vinyl. I felt that it was overpriced and proceeded to do it myself. $11 later it was done. Not perfect, but MUCH MUCH better.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Slow R1 Pilot!

RUCrash is an unknown quantity at this point

I took the seat off of my R1 and reshaped it, used the same vinyl though. It was pretty easy. Just make sure you have a strong staple gun... my cheap walmart POS barely went through the plastic seat pan.

BTW, Corbin's rock. Sargentcycle.com works well too from what I hear. Keep an eye out and you can usually find one used (paid $100 for my R1's)
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Full-time New Guy

Thanks for the advice.

98formulaLS1, did you put different foam in your seat or just reshave it? If you put different foam in it, where did you get the foam?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

there were a few spots where the foam was missing. I just those spots into rectangles. I bought a small sheet of foam from Joannes Fabrics, and matched those rectangles. Then, I covered of the new foam with the new vinyl.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 PM
SloAzzHatch

sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch sloazzhatch

burkhead performance he does all my seats when we cust em down and reshape them to fit so we can sit lower on the bike when we go t the strip there number is (804)966-7589 i hope this helps!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Full-time New Guy

Cool cool. I may have to give them a call and see if they modify seats for comfort.