Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Any of you...

Old 06-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Any of you...

Ride in shoes? I know its important to be geared up, but sometimes i hate getting to my destination wearing black timbs all the time. My ankles feel like shit because they are being held in a straight position all the time. I just want to know if some of you ride in shoes every now and again, or have found a shoes made specifically for riding. My official clothing line for the summer has been jeans, white t-shirt, and black timbs, and i want to be able to rock my white shoes every now and again. Im sure most of you will say do so at your own expense, but im just trying to see if some of you who ride damn near 24/7 ever roll around in something besides ankle high boots.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any of you...

after my accident i was hardcore about only riding in my boots, but its been almost a year now and i find myself wearing my new balances to work more and more often, when i'm standing and walking for 9 hours the timberland dress boots i wear or sidi race boots are just too painful, what i've been meaning to do is take a pair of tenis shoes to work so i can ride in my boots and then change into those, but i keep forgetting

if i plan on riding hard i'll wear boots, if i'm just going to ride around the city i'll reluctantly wear tennis shoes if they are already on my feet and my boots aren't in plain view... i'm so horribly lazy that the thought of broken ankles can't push me to untie one pair and put on another
Old 06-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
after my accident i was hardcore about only riding in my boots, but its been almost a year now and i find myself wearing my new balances to work more and more often, when i'm standing and walking for 9 hours the timberland dress boots i wear or sidi race boots are just too painful, what i've been meaning to do is take a pair of tenis shoes to work so i can ride in my boots and then change into those, but i keep forgetting

if i plan on riding hard i'll wear boots, if i'm just going to ride around the city i'll reluctantly wear tennis shoes if they are already on my feet and my boots aren't in plain view... i'm so horribly lazy that the thought of broken ankles can't push me to untie one pair and put on another
I feel you. I started doing the same thing, only i hated carrying a back pack around all the time just to change into a pair of shoes. Since i work up in a projection booth i can get away with going bare foot, but i dont like it since it does get a little dirty up there.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:29 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

I wear shoes everyday and can count the number of times I have worn boots on my hands. The only time I really wear boots is if im going for a ride for a long time but too and from work or to a friends house its strictly shoes.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:30 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

I ride in whatever my feet are feeling, today i wore shoes all day...but yesterday i rode in my timbs..
Old 06-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

lmao at your sid Zappas. and me personally i usually just wear my timbs i have em pretty well broken in so they dont hurt, but i fi was going to busch gardens or something, id prollly rock some tennis shoes. i cant stand wearing a backback because it restricts my movement so much with the contours of my jacket and the aero wedge. easiest way to solve this problem is to invest in a tank back IMO.