Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

any ideas...

Old 05-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any ideas...

my girl just got fitted for a helmet and they ordered it for her. she took home and doesn't fit...seriously nothing like the one they fitted her for. 25% restocking fee. can't find any site if icon helmets have thicker pads or anything like arai. she said they don't even touch her face on this one. makes no sense at all, i know. thanks for any info
sean
Old 05-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: any ideas...

did she try on the exact brand and model helmet she was going to order? if not, all helmets are different, arais fit different than shoeis and so on, and even different model shoei's fit different within the brand itself, so you could be a Medium arai quantum, and a Large in a arai rx7, or a Small in an icon

i never measure people's head with tape or go by hat sizes because it simply doesn't work, if someone wants a brand i don't carry i'll have them try on as many types that we have in stock until we figure out that they are generally a certain size, advise them on how a certain brand fits if i'm familiar and then order from there, giving them the disclaimer that it could not fit, in which case i will usually wave the restock fee if they want to order the next size up or down, if they leave me with the helmet and want a full refund and don't wanna order another one then i'll usually charge them whatever that company's restock fee and shipping is

so the not fitting thing would make sense to me unless she really did try on exactly what she was ordering, in which case ordering it wouldn't make sense unless they just didn't have the color she wanted or something, but otherwise you have to be cautious since no two helmets are the same
Old 05-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
did she try on the exact brand and model helmet she was going to order? if not, all helmets are different, arais fit different than shoeis and so on, and even different model shoei's fit different within the brand itself, so you could be a Medium arai quantum, and a Large in a arai rx7, or a Small in an icon

i never measure people's head with tape or go by hat sizes because it simply doesn't work, if someone wants a brand i don't carry i'll have them try on as many types that we have in stock until we figure out that they are generally a certain size, advise them on how a certain brand fits if i'm familiar and then order from there, giving them the disclaimer that it could not fit, in which case i will usually wave the restock fee if they want to order the next size up or down, if they leave me with the helmet and want a full refund and don't wanna order another one then i'll usually charge them whatever that company's restock fee and shipping is
so the not fitting thing would make sense to me unless she really did try on exactly what she was ordering, in which case ordering it wouldn't make sense unless they just didn't have the color she wanted or something, but otherwise you have to be cautious since no two helmets are the same
yepper..exact same model...just different color. i tried it on last night. it's a med icon and it's bigger than my large hjc and my med arai. whack. she even wants the same helmet in a smaller size and they still wanna charge the restocking fee. that's just ridiculous. thanks brett
Old 05-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

hmm thats odd then, if it was a floor model maybe its from a ton of XXXL people trying to cram it on, but thats a stretch(no pun intended hahaha)... don't know what to tell ya man, that sucks
Old 05-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Registered Member

haha exactly. we'll see what happens