VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Another accident (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/another-accident-68791/)

Jesus 10-02-2004 12:28 AM

Another accident

there was another accident in the tunnel? Anyone know more info on it? I just know it closed down.

R1Buttercup 10-02-2004 12:51 AM

Re: Another accident

Wtf this sucks another rider, hopefully it's not anyone we know!! Everyone ride safe this weekend!!

_____ 10-02-2004 03:34 AM

Rider from MD was killed. There was an accident in the tunnel and a truck swerved into the other lane to avoid the accident and hit the bike.

VAbeachTegNout 10-02-2004 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by geonfreaq
Rider from MD was killed. There was an accident in the tunnel and a truck swerved into the other lane to avoid the accident and hit the bike.

WTF!!!
aarrggg i cant stand ignorant and stupid ass people...

RIP

Chino 10-04-2004 06:20 AM

this is what pisses me off. fawkin idiots swerving into a bike instead of a hitting a car in front of them. the chances of the person inside the car being hit is higher than that of the bike. people have no freakin common sense. if you're gonna hit somebody, why the fuck would you hit the bike when you know there's a bigger chance they would not survive it. :curse:

_____ 10-04-2004 08:46 AM

I have since found out that there was no accident. The driver just thought there was goind to be one because he saw brake lights in his lane, and didnt want to have to slow down so he switched lanes.

CBR600F4 10-04-2004 09:23 AM

I have since found out that there was no accident. The driver just thought there was goind to be one because he saw brake lights in his lane, and didnt want to have to slow down so he switched lanes.

IN THE TUNNEL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isn't that against the damn law?? This is just one more reason I ride so damn aggresive on the street. If a car was about to sideswipe me I'd be kicking a panel in as I was swerving to get over and out of it's way................. :mad:

vmspionage 10-04-2004 09:39 AM

I doubt he actually saw the bike in the other lane and chose to hit the bike rather than the car in front.

Mr.6 10-04-2004 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by vmspionage
I doubt he actually saw the bike in the other lane and chose to hit the bike rather than the car in front.

Well considering there was no real problem in front of him and he just didnt want to hit his brakes, he should go down for changing lanes in the tunnel, hence the reason he didnt see the bike, because he didn't look.

vmspionage 10-04-2004 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.6
Well considering there was no real problem in front of him and he just didnt want to hit his brakes, he should go down for changing lanes in the tunnel, hence the reason he didnt see the bike, because he didn't look.

yea I'm sure he'll get a reckless ticket either way, and probably vehicular manslaughter depending on the exact circumstances