Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Angel Eyes installation

Old 04-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Angel Eyes installation

pretty much this question is going to skrooz, but anyone who has any experience plz feel free to answer or comment. have u ever done one of these installs? i heard u have to take out the whole headlight assembly and so on so on, which brand(website) do u recommend product wise, would u recommend someone like me, who has semi low mechanical skills, ive done indo-glow gauges in the car n such, but what all has to be done.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:03 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Angel Eyes installation

You do have to take the sealed cover off the headlight bucket to do this mod...and of course afterwards seal it all back up!

I have seen a DIY online somewhere (google angle eyes) where it was done with the clear mini blind pull rods! Guy had about $12 in the whole thing, and looked awesome!

I tossed my busted headlights before I tried to take them apart or I would have tried it. You might want to grab and extra set off e-bay incase you mess them up!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:38 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

never done it man. i will say that taking apart a headlight assembly is a PAIN. i did it one time, and one time only. not something i'd want to do often.

i've been told (but never tried for myself) that putting your headlight in an oven on a low temp for a lil bit makes it easier to get apart without destroying it. i'll have to ask my old nieghbor. he took his headlights apart on his tundra to paint some of the internals without breaking them. i'd imagine they're put together in similar ways
Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671

this might help you out a little

http://www.umnitza.com/
Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Arctic_DC5 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
never done it man. i will say that taking apart a headlight assembly is a PAIN. i did it one time, and one time only. not something i'd want to do often.

i've been told (but never tried for myself) that putting your headlight in an oven on a low temp for a lil bit makes it easier to get apart without destroying it. i'll have to ask my old nieghbor. he took his headlights apart on his tundra to paint some of the internals without breaking them. i'd imagine they're put together in similar ways
yes sticking your headlights in the oven will help in softening up the sealent that keeps the water out. it doesn't completely make it a breeze though as its still a pain in the ass to do, did it on my car when i did a diy job blacking out my headlights. good luck to you though man