Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

aftermarket fairings?

Old 09-12-2014, 03:47 AM
BACK IN A G8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr
Default aftermarket fairings?

Why does it seem like a dice roll for quality. ...
Is there any reputable online stores?

06 gsxr750
Old 09-12-2014, 03:58 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: aftermarket fairings?

Because it is... Long and short is if you plan to get something that will last and be worth what you pay go OEM.
Hot bodies wasn't a bad kit but very expensive. I wouldn't buy them again.

My bud just replaced a set on his with these guys http://www.ifairings.com/gsx-r-750-2006-2007/
He is pretty happy with them.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

I've helped with three kits, two of which were what you find on ebay and the third had been ordered in from UK supposidly.

All three were really bad, whatever you choose if it's not oem make sure it's at least injected abs. All three kits were considerably thin compared to the originals. None of the wholes lined up, hardware was shit n broke easy, fitment was "interesting" to say the least.

Any of the ones you see coming in from china simply are not going to fit without trimming, drilling and maybe even ziptying lol.
The UK kit wasnt as bad but wasn't exactly perfect either.

Do you need to replace all the fairings or is it just a few bad peices and you wanted to just replace them all as a whole? Are you looking for a specific graphic or paint scheme or were you planning on painting the bike anyhow?

Reason I ask is I have a buddy in GA who stocks and distributes gixxer parts by the truck load. He can be found on gixxer.com as well...he may be able to set you up with what you need. At least it's worth sening him a message.

Btw, did you get your tire mounted? I tried to pm you someones number the other night but kept getting database error.

Last edited by Hooch; 09-12-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 AM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

Originally Posted by Mr White
I've helped with three kits, two of which were what you find on ebay and the third had been ordered in from UK supposidly.

All three were really bad, whatever you choose if it's not oem make sure it's at least injected abs. All three kits were considerably thin compared to the originals. None of the wholes lined up, hardware was shit n broke easy, fitment was "interesting" to say the least.

Any of the ones you see coming in from china simply are not going to fit without trimming, drilling and maybe even ziptying lol.
The UK kit wasnt as bad but wasn't exactly perfect either.

Do you need to replace all the fairings or is it just a few bad peices and you wanted to just replace them all as a whole? Are you looking for a specific graphic or paint scheme or were you planning on painting the bike anyhow?

Reason I ask is I have a buddy in GA who stocks and distributes gixxer parts by the truck load. He can be found on gixxer.com as well...he may be able to set you up with what you need. At least it's worth sening him a message.

Btw, did you get your tire mounted? I tried to pm you someones number the other night but kept getting database error.
yeah my buddy's dad is friends with Mcbride(spiderman) and we took it up to his shop on jefferson... really nice guy btw
i saw a couple good reviews on absfairings.com

but i was told $500 to do paint and clean up some bodywork on my fairings
Old 11-13-2014, 04:29 PM
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Are you only looking for aftermarket fairings?

Have you tried a brand site?

I bought my 01 R6 as a streetfighter. I went on the R6 forum and bought a full set from a guy who was tracking his bike out for only $500.

May be worth buying the OEM fairings used then repainting them.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

yoyosupmang has disabled reputation

Aftermarket fairings is a hit or miss. If you are not a perfectionist, then a $500 kit from china is okay for you. Fitment is never good but fortunately, you can just dremel and adjust. Definitely have some of that heat protector pads around the header and exhaust. Cheap fairings will melt.