Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

2005 ZX-6R with a weird issue

Old 03-14-2011, 12:48 PM
got 7.62?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited
Default Re: 2005 ZX-6R with a weird issue

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Check your front sprocket. @18 k miles, they wear out. My guess is that you have peaks on your drive sprocket.
Read Above.. the sprocket + Chain are BRAND NEW 22 miles on them
Old 03-14-2011, 12:54 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Clutch, have you checked the clutch I am being redundant on purpose.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by djgrom
Clutch, have you checked the clutch I am being redundant on purpose.

Last edited by eXploited; 06-20-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:51 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

It will slip in most gears, if not all, when under hard acceleration. Pretty easy to determine that by just riding it.

As far as the forks go, it would be tough to pull or push into gear. Have you changed your type/weight/brand of engine oil lately? The gearbox on these modern bikes are very sensitive to some oils because of the wet clutch.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:04 PM
got 7.62?

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
It will slip in most gears, if not all, when under hard acceleration. Pretty easy to determine that by just riding it.

As far as the forks go, it would be tough to pull or push into gear. Have you changed your type/weight/brand of engine oil lately? The gearbox on these modern bikes are very sensitive to some oils because of the wet clutch.

Ehh I switched over to Repsol 10W-40 Full Synthetic but have NO idea what the guy before me used.... I was only going by what the dealer recommended...
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dyoungin'

i dis a gree. sliping in all gears will be the clutch and hes not getting a sliping action. hes getting a jumping acting(ie its jumping in and out of 2nd gear). if the fork isnt total bent than it will still go in and out, it is rare for it not to go into gear(thats another problem), the gear isnt catching other the fully, ie jumping on and off. this is a VERY common problem on sport bikes due to what a posted..

oils like royal purple are known to not lude the gears as well as gtx or mobil 1.

the shift fork(there are 2 or 3) is bent and the 2nd gear is probly trashed. its hard to see once out of the bike. my 2nd gear was reallllly bad(there are ppl on here that can say how bad) and it was hardly noticable once apart..

if you deside to do it yourself make sure you have coolent and do another oil change. i would do a coolent flush and use engine ice. would also make sure the spacing between each gear is right. and make sure it shifts fine before putting the motor back togather
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 AM
got 7.62?

Originally Posted by rollingstock
i dis a gree. sliping in all gears will be the clutch and hes not getting a sliping action. hes getting a jumping acting(ie its jumping in and out of 2nd gear). if the fork isnt total bent than it will still go in and out, it is rare for it not to go into gear(thats another problem), the gear isnt catching other the fully, ie jumping on and off. this is a VERY common problem on sport bikes due to what a posted..

oils like royal purple are known to not lude the gears as well as gtx or mobil 1.

the shift fork(there are 2 or 3) is bent and the 2nd gear is probly trashed. its hard to see once out of the bike. my 2nd gear was reallllly bad(there are ppl on here that can say how bad) and it was hardly noticable once apart..

if you deside to do it yourself make sure you have coolent and do another oil change. i would do a coolent flush and use engine ice. would also make sure the spacing between each gear is right. and make sure it shifts fine before putting the motor back togather
Cool!

Last edited by eXploited; 06-20-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:35 AM
got 7.62?

Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM
got 7.62?

It was a loose chain!