Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

06 600rr

Old 05-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 06 600rr

my bro and i went to tail of the dragon last weekend (insane) and ever since then his bike's been runnin' a little hot and kinda had a burn smell. think the smell is gone but still running kinda hotter than usual. crbworld heads said they have the same problem but don't know what it is. sounded like it happens right after break in...any clues? thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 02:35 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: 06 600rr

could just be a little overflow from the coolant resevoir dripping on the exhaust. when it runs hotter (like when your running it hard) you may get a little overflow in the cooling system. the resevoir is vented, so if it gets real hot, and the resevoir fills up, some coolant will come out of the vent. check the coolant level when the bike is cold, if it's over the "cold" line, it may just be over full.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:44 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by seanazzy
my bro and i went to tail of the dragon last weekend (insane) and ever since then his bike's been runnin' a little hot and kinda had a burn smell. think the smell is gone but still running kinda hotter than usual. crbworld heads said they have the same problem but don't know what it is. sounded like it happens right after break in...any clues? thanks
how long did it take you to arrive and where did you stay. Ive been thinking strongly about going there, since im about to leave for the air force in the next month and a half.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

i highly recommend it. it took me about nine hours from nova. i stayed at the two wheel in (has two bike garage per hotel room) $70/night and like 15 miles from the dragon. there are some right on the dragon but i liked the idea of the garage and pretty damn cheap too. oh and BE CAREFUL ... real easy to go over your head especially keepin up w/ other people. we did a dope 400 mile ride probably going over the dragon a few times and then taking 143 out to cherohala and then 360n to 411to 72 back down 129on the dragon again...INSANE! couple people medivac'd (Sp) out, totalled bikes left and right...nothin' like it man. if anyone wants a job as an emt that stays mad busy...that's the place to be