Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

05 Yamaha R6 help

Old 08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default 05 Yamaha R6 help

I am looking for some help with a buddies 05 R6. It was running perfectly fine and was ridden everyday until this morning when it wouldn't start. When I put the key in turn it on, all the lights come on and the fuel pump kicks in. Once I click the starter button it makes a buzzing noise. Once I realease the button the fuel pump kicks in again. I took off the seat and noticed this little piece was buzzing and "vibrating" when I hit the starter key. Does anyone know what this part is or what the problem could be? It is located right next to the battery and has a white plastic cover over it, but I took that off for the pics.

(has a positive and negative and 2 forty amp fuses that are both still good. Fuses are also out in the pics due to I was checking them)

Last edited by BatEclipse99; 08-27-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:21 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default Re: 05 Yamaha R6 help

Looks like the starter relay to me. Typically they have a direct line to positive/negative side of the battery and or starter.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
Looks like the starter relay to me. Typically they have a direct line to positive/negative side of the battery and or starter.
bingbingbing kinda... battery(+)-senlod-starter.. sounds like either the battery doesnt have enought to jump the starter over or the starter is locked up or or the motor is locked.. i was volt test the battery, u can take a srew driver and jump those 2 poles it should turn the motor over.. if it doesnt then either the starter is bad or the motor is locked up
Old 08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by rollingstock
bingbingbing kinda... battery(+)-senlod-starter.. sounds like either the battery doesnt have enought to jump the starter over or the starter is locked up or or the motor is locked.. i was volt test the battery, u can take a srew driver and jump those 2 poles it should turn the motor over.. if it doesnt then either the starter is bad or the motor is locked up
Can you tell me what you mean by jump the to poles with a screw driver??

Also, we hooked up the battery up to fast charger and the battery was charging up to about 10.3 volts and when the starter button was pressed it would go down in the 7's in volts. So should we replace the battery? or should the starter solenoid? or both? Thanks for the help guys
Old 08-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
Thanks, when I read your post I googled it and that is exactly what is in my pics so that was a good place to start in looking for parts
Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

He means just jump the 2 leads with a screw driver to bypass the solenoid. Just take a metal screwdriver and touch the red and black wires together. Make sure the bike is in neutral and the fuel switch is on. If the bike starts, you have a bad solenoid...If it does not start, bad starter/battery/something else.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99
Can you tell me what you mean by jump the to poles with a screw driver??

Also, we hooked up the battery up to fast charger and the battery was charging up to about 10.3 volts and when the starter button was pressed it would go down in the 7's in volts. So should we replace the battery? or should the starter solenoid? or both? Thanks for the help guys
u have a bad battery... its need to be over 12volts... normal around 12.5-12.8volts.. should be over 13volts when running

i would swap in a new battery or a good known battery first
Old 08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

probably bad battery. check all fuses to follow the right amp # in (maunal book says all) and get new oem battery. try to give it fire. good luck.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Took the battery off my bike and put it in his and it fired right up. Thanks for all the help guys! close thread!