Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

05 Ninja 250 problems

Old 01-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default 05 Ninja 250 problems

Hey everyone my name is Mike. I have 2005 ninja 250 ex and the bike has currently started acting up. The bike will start run and warm up..but from time to time it will run weird..For instance, if I am riding the bike will start to stall out if I give it any sort of gas and will do the same thing standing still..If I start to play with the carb lever it will die out. It will also have problems starting up after it has begun acting up..Normally the bike will start up, warm up, and run for about 20-30 before it happens. I know first thought would be to get the carbs cleaned but I did that, I took it cycle world on va beach blvd. And it did it on the ride home..Does anyone else have any idea as to what to do before I spend the big bucks and just take it to the shop and just say fix it...?

Thanks, Mike
Old 01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation
Default Re: 05 Ninja 250 problems

trying changing the spark plugs.. also check the fuel filter(cant memeber if they come stock on that bike)

i know back in 03 when i had my 2fiddy. the plug wires werent making good contact with the coils, so it ran like crap.. can also try that

but still sounds like carbs.. any mods to the bike?..

Last edited by rollingstock; 01-03-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by rollingstock
trying changing the spark plugs.. so check the fuel filter(cant memeber if they come stock on that bike)
I will give the spark plugs a try tommorrow..and as far as I know there is no fuel filter. i have researched it but I couldnt find one.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Mods on a 250 , but no its all stock and 4300 miles so idk
Old 01-03-2009, 04:09 PM
yes sir

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99
Mods on a 250 , but no its all stock and 4300 miles so idk
i had zx6 frontend and swingarm on mine.. custom 2-1 exhaust, filter pods, jet kit, zx600 air shock. sum custom led body work(turn signals).. this was over 5 years ago tho..

it was a big turd. but learned alot from it. was sweet in the corners
Old 01-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

i had zx6 frontend and swingarm on mine.. custom 2-1 exhaust, filter pods, jet kit, zx600 air shock. sum custom led body work(turn signals).. this was over 5 years ago tho..

it was a big turd. but learned alot from it. was sweet in the corners
Yeah, it is my first bike..figured 600 bucks wasnt bad but I cant get much ride time with this crap
Old 01-03-2009, 04:23 PM
yes sir

Yeah, it is my first bike..figured 600 bucks wasnt bad but I cant get much ride time with this crap

thats a good deal.. i payed.... waaaaaaaay to much for mine.. as well my first bike.. learn to ride the piss out that thing. by the time u step it to a 600 urll beble to eat alot of these guys starting on bigger bikes

it seems for sum reason when ppl start smaller they can out ride guys/girls that start on bigger bikes. i duno i guess its just u learn to push it more and ride the bike harder than if u have a bigger bike that u dont really need to push or ur scared to push
Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

thats a good deal.. i payed.... waaaaaaaay to much for mine.. as well my first bike.. learn to ride the piss out that thing. by the time u step it to a 600 urll beble to eat alot of these guys starting on bigger bikes

it seems for sum reason when ppl start smaller they can out ride guys/girls that start on bigger bikes. i duno i guess its just u learn to push it more and ride the bike harder than if u have a bigger bike that u dont really need to push or ur scared to push
yeah I am probably going to keep it thru mid summer and try it sell during peak season..and look to upgrade to a 600 around next thanksgiving.

Could you explain to me how you got the zx6 front on it?? I would love to do that lol.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
yes sir

yeah I am probably going to keep it thru mid summer and try it sell during peak season..and look to upgrade to a 600 around next thanksgiving.

Could you explain to me how you got the zx6 front on it?? I would love to do that lol.
being stright up with u.. not worth it.. just ride it the way it is.. may try and get sum better tires..

those bikes are set up pretty good as is(motor wise) exhaust and everything from what iv seen(in person and online). i know once i started moddin mine it felt slower than the stocker i had(i had 2 03s.. one DD, one stunt/beater)

i have a old school zx600 swingarm and rim that will let u run a better tire(16in little wider). but keep the same style rim.. it has a nice tire on it(cost me like 300 for the rear). had it on my 2fiddy. u can have the whole set up for $50. just b.c i dont ever see me using it on anything every again haha

Last edited by rollingstock; 01-03-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:46 PM
We are not criminalz

BlackRain is on a distinguished road

Had an 06 Ninja 250 for two years from new, sold it with 30,642 miles on it when I put it away wet.

How much maintenance was done to the bike before you got it? The N250 before 08 was notorious for being very needy. It required preventive maintenance, even just sitting there. Mine wouldn't start if it sat for 4 days.

Valve clearance check.
Clogged fuel line.
Spark plugs.
Idle mixture screw settings.

If you have not already check this site out. Tons of info. If you register SEARCH before asking questions, they really dont like new members asking questions when the answers are here http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page

Last edited by BlackRain; 01-03-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply: 05 Ninja 250 problems