Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

*Spoilers* Moto GP Catalunya race

Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default *Spoilers* Moto GP Catalunya race

I was so excited to see Americans 2, 3, 4, 5... most importantly my man Rossi won, that was just sick him lighting up the rear tire on the last lap and he's getting close to leading the world championship again... only thing that would be better is if i was there in person again watching
Old 06-18-2006, 10:04 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: *Spoilers* Moto GP Catalunya race

how did you see it already? i thought it doesnt air until 3?

today is such a good day on speedvision. i only had to turn the channel for an hour so far for nascar. i woke up to the 24 hours of le mans, 3 hours of ama racing (2 superbike races, FUCK YES), and the motogp race...

props to speed for not having a complete shit day full of nascar for once, AND its a sunday.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

i subscribe on motogp.com so you can watch all the races live with no commercials on you computer so i usually get up early or go to bed late depending on what time the race is, i just think its exciting to watch it knowing its all actually happening right now on the other side of the earth

they also show all practices and qualifying sessions, live if they are in europe or hour or so delayed recordings if they are in other parts of the world

can't wait to see the ama races, being that its a brand new track it could mix things up a little bit
Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

one superbike race down.. sucked for zemke, i kinda felt bad for him. he was giving ben and mat a hell of a run. i was kinda disappointed also to see ben win, but hopefully mladin can pull off the second race. (fingers crossed). congrats to ben though...

(not to get your motogp thread off topic... )

we need to make a race report thread every race weekend....
Old 06-18-2006, 06:11 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i actually watched a bit of the moto gp race, rossi's on-board cam shots of ?? (i'm not a race fan unless i'm actually there first hand) dragging elbow was SICK!!!

i think i'd rather see the tuners than the racers... those guys don't get the respect they deserve.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:55 PM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
i think i'd rather see the tuners than the racers... those guys don't get the respect they deserve.

disclaimer: i know everyone hates greg white..

a while back on two wheel tuesday they had a rep from toyota on there. they were talking about how a lot of the guys that work for toyota rode motocross/sport bikes.. ect and how they were trying to do something for the sport. well they offered up a new tacoma for the winning teams engine builder for some race in motocross. i thought that was pretty cool.

but yea, thats the biggest part of those teams. if the bike is setup like shit, you arent getting a good finish, if a finish at all. period.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:27 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by onepointone
disclaimer: i know everyone hates greg white..

a while back on two wheel tuesday they had a rep from toyota on there. they were talking about how a lot of the guys that work for toyota rode motocross/sport bikes.. ect and how they were trying to do something for the sport. well they offered up a new tacoma for the winning teams engine builder for some race in motocross. i thought that was pretty cool.

but yea, thats the biggest part of those teams. if the bike is setup like shit, you arent getting a good finish, if a finish at all. period.
yes, greg white is a douche... just like that big boobed blonde on that "other" speed show.

but that is cool that the tuner gets the prize.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
i actually watched a bit of the moto gp race, rossi's on-board cam shots of ?? (i'm not a race fan unless i'm actually there first hand) dragging elbow was SICK!!!

it was probably hopkins, he gets an elbow down here and there... don't feel to bad for the mechanics though, when rossi switched from honda to yamaha he brought over all his mechanics and paid them out of his own pockets, his very very deep pockets... not sure how much the other guys get paid, if its anything like F1 some of them probably get paid huge amounts of money, but i'm sure some of the smaller teams or guys that aren't playing a lead role might not get much, but still what a life

the new ama track looked great, too bad for zemke is race one i really like him, but atleast he pulled it off in race two... but their whole announcing team just pisses me off, i swear if they say "the key here is..." "well greg the key is", "the key for mat is", one more time i'm going to scream, i swear they can't say one sentence with out starting it out with "the key here is"... and why is it EVERY damn last time they go to a commercial break someone takes the lead or crashes or something happens, they sure as hell aren't showing the races live even when they claim they are so they need to learn how to edit
Old 06-18-2006, 07:51 PM
hatrs make me famous

trust me, i don't feel bad for them at all. they're living a life i could only dream of. i just wish they got more credit than they do. i bet i could name more top quality tuners than i could racers in moto gp and ama racing. guess everyone has theier "thing". i once had an hour long conversation with freddie spencer's (showing my age again) lead tech... and it gave me a whole new perspective on things in that sport.

someday....someday...

as much as i like to go fast.... i like to make things fast even more

Last edited by skr00zloose; 06-18-2006 at 07:54 PM.