Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Wrenching: short notice, Saturday July 24 in Glen Allen

Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Wrenching: short notice, Saturday July 24 in Glen Allen

Working on some of my vehicles Saturday, have a few people stopping by to watch some stuff on the Jetta before noon if anyone else wants to stop by as well. PM for address, off Woodman Rd in Glen Allen.

Lift will be available if someone needs it for their car. I don't mind if you work on your vehicle here, just can have any leaks (antifreeze or oil).

Diesel Jetta: removing and cleaning intake manifold, replacing the alternator clutch pulley, and adjusting the aluminum skid plate.

Diesel F350: tweaking the air lines, checking for slow leak near 6-port manifold that runs Nathan P3 Airchime train horn setup (came off a CSX train, it's fucking loud and discreetly hidden).

Little Red Car: trace out some door panels to add them with leather in the future. could use some ideas on hidden door pockets.

Camper: if anyone wants to work on the trailer brakes, give me an estimate, I pay in cash. dual axle car trailer, 21' bumper tow, can hook it up to the diesel f350.

If you've never been here before, just a heads up that there are unsecured weapons on premises, so you can't have a felony and/or weapons violation, kids must be supervised.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: Wrenching: short notice, Saturday July 24 in Glen Allen

you live on woodman? dont wanna mess up your topic
Old 07-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

If I was eastern VA, Id be all over this.

Getting sick of working on my own heap.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:55 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Yeah, one of the houses is off Woodman.

People driving from Fairfax, Roanoke, Maryland, Chesapeake...
Old 07-24-2010, 03:02 AM
MOAR REP PLZ

Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX

I might roll by just to meet some new people
Old 07-24-2010, 12:14 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
Yeah, one of the houses is off Woodman.

People driving from Fairfax, Roanoke, Maryland, Chesapeake...
kewl kewl.. got a friend that lives off woodman.. wish i coulda made it today and met everyone..
Old 07-25-2010, 06:40 AM
superuser

There appears to be no way to get the air intake hose to the turbo without the Sears "Cable Operated Hose Clamp Pliers". Will pick it up when they open at noon. Have another person with an diesel Jetta ALH engine coming by around noon to work on removing his intake manifold if anyone would like to swing on by. Lift will be available as soon as my intake manifold is done. I have to run to Baltimore MD (leave at 4p) and should be back late tonight and have tomorrow off, before having to go to Frederick MD Monday night.

Yes, I drive a fucking lot of damn miles.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

you gonna have those hot clams over again on the stripper pole?

man where do i come up w/ this stuph?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:45 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

This doesn't require dead lifting the turbo out again does it?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
superuser

The turbo in the Jetta is about 8#, it's tiny. One guy busted off 5 bolts on his before giving up, patching it back together so he could get his family home. I stripped one bolt on the lower pipe for the egr cooler. Might be able to get a workaround to get to it, not enough clearance for my Sears bolt out kit. Will likely take the truck up to Maryland for the week, not worth taking the little red car up. Both the Jetta and little red car fit while stacked with the lift.

Quick Reply: Wrenching: short notice, Saturday July 24 in Glen Allen