Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where to fish in Richmond?

Old 12-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BretSV has disabled reputation
Default Where to fish in Richmond?

A friend wants to go fishing this Sunday, during the day. Wondering where some good spots are that can almost guarentee some catches and we won't get harassed for having a beer or two. Not looking for anything serious, doesn't even have to be edible fish, I just don't want to sit for hours and not catch a thing and don't know where to go other than public parks, where there will probably be lots of kids and crap.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Where to fish in Richmond?

This weekend probably may not be the best. Cold front front moving in and the weather will be chilly. That will affect the fishing. I Normally fish Swift creek in Pocohontas Park(you may not want to go there with beer) or the resovior, but haven't gone at all this year
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Banned

Officer355

Old 12-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Mazdaspeed 6

Smoker6 has disabled reputation

^LOL
Old 12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

chesdin is very popular.

lake anna has some very large fish in it... not exactly in richmond however.

the appomattox down at dinwiddie/cfield border has been fairly productive for me.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

ludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these parts

isnt it too cold to fish?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered member

BretSV has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
Yea I was thinking about that earlier, I don't know crap about what fish do.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
Not for an experienced fisherman who know how fish react to the weather. With cold fronts coming in, that tends to cause the fish to change behavior and may not wanna bite.

Now you can go to the Powhatan Ponds and fish and drink being that is in the middle of nowhere. They have 3 decent sized ponds that have Bass, bluegill/crappie,etc.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Last saturday at Lake Salisbury i was pullin out all kinda of big crappie on a fake minnow, but with the weather turnin this weekend so it aint goin to be good. Pocohontas Park hasnt been good to me the past few years but it depends which lake your fishing there but the main ones have sucked.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/ ---- Heres the link to the Va Dept of fish and game.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

VaFlow has disabled reputation

It depends on what you are fishing for. I've done really well just walking along riverside dr near pony pasture. I've caught everything from catfish to the occasional small mouth. Believe it or not you can even do pretty good up at Byrd park. They stock the ponds up there every year. The one with the paddle boats sucks but the other two do pretty well. The one with the island in the middle has a ton of catfish while the one across the road is stocked with trout.
I've caught tons of crappie, large mouth and bream down around Brown's island.... even a couple in the canal. There's tons of places to fish but like they said above with the cold front they may be deep and a little finicky.

Quick Reply: Where to fish in Richmond?