Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

where to buy aluminum.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:58 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default where to buy aluminum.

edit: will a mod put a ? in the title. thnx.
i need some 3/8 in. aluminum plate . where can i buy aluminum? i dont need a lot maybe just 4'X4' . ill buy more if i have to but this is just for a prototype of a part i want to build in large numbers later and i want to get an idea of time and cost of manufacturing.

Last edited by JJSpinALot; 11-19-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:46 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: where to buy aluminum.

Call up Nott Recycling at (804) 232-9880, they deal in aluminum. They are located at 5317 Old Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, 23224 if you need to Mapquest it.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:08 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

yea, i know where they are. i thought they just recycled metal not sold sheets, and tubing and stuff.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:42 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

If they don't have it, then am sure they know who does in the area since aluminum is their focus. I've bought a few sheets from there but not that large.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:46 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

ok thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

watson machine in powhatan has whatever you want and can make whatever you want, they have 2 huge flatbed lasers that can cut 1" stainless like butter.
but they can sell you the alum. I'm sure.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

You making some sort of underbody piece or something?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:32 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

bluestedsrt,
thanks do you have their number i may want to talk to them this week. if they can cut stuff for me at a fair price i may get them to cut all the plate for me.

brian,
yep im going to make breast plates and sell them much cheaper than corky. i have a design in mind that i think will be easyer to produce and lighter but still as rigid.

Last edited by JJSpinALot; 11-20-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
bluestedsrt,
thanks do you have their number i may want to talk to them this week. if they can cut stuff for me at a fair price i may get them to cut all the plate for me.
yeah....the number is 598-1500 the guy that owns/runs it is sam watson. but as far as the fair price goes youll have call and find out.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:52 AM
secret-asian-man!!

club_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to all

hey how many plates u lookin to buy,i got a guy that can get like a 4in x 12 foot ,then u can cut the pieces u need.

Quick Reply: where to buy aluminum.