Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Wheel bent or just unbalanced?

Old 05-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB DASVDUB
Default Wheel bent or just unbalanced?

so i just traded wheels with a guy and he just called me tonight saying that the drivers side wheel feels like it is bouncing up and down and he said he can look at it while hes driving and says it looks like it wabbling or something, all other three wheels are good, could that be the cause of a bent rim or a very unbalanced wheel??
Old 05-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wheel bent or just unbalanced?

Whoa... He can look at his wheels while driving? I wish I could do that.

Probably a bent wheel. I never balance my wheels just because I never feel like it at work and never experienced a issue like that, or had a customer come in with out of balance wheels that do that..... Pretty sure it's bent. Sometimes looking at the wheel you can't see it, but it could be out of round... Tell him to jack up that side and spin the wheel with his hand and watch it spin....
Old 05-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

i'd probably balance it first, then see what's up. while its on the balance, you should be able to see what he's talking about, insofar as the wobbling.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:21 PM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Worse comes to worse, if he can't figure it out, bring to a shop that has a Road Force balancer. I have one at my work, and it always does the trick. Gives you a nifty little printout when it figures out the imbalance too.

Good luck.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Slow EG8 has disabled reputation

could be loose lugnuts too,...