VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   What are all the police doing? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/what-all-police-doing-204977/)

teamlegacy 09-21-2007 07:05 PM

Re: What are all the police doing?

I saw a ton of Henrico/State police sitting the Home Depot/Target/Kohl's parking lot around 10:45 tonight in Short Pump. A little birdie told me that Master P was at that Barnes and Noble by the theatre tonight. Any word whether that was true or not?

Nic 09-21-2007 09:14 PM

I saw a bunch of deer running through my back yard tonight :dunno:

FlimFlam 09-21-2007 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by teamlegacy (Post 3402489)
A little birdie told me that Master P was at that Barnes and Noble by the theatre tonight. Any word whether that was true or not?

That wasnt a secret, he was doing a book signing.

Tainty_McFshStx 09-22-2007 07:51 AM

Brett, is there a BB&T near you. If so, there was a armed robbery right there. A few of my coworkers live in that area.

I<3Strippers! 09-22-2007 09:06 AM

haha theres so much shit i want to sig right now

anyone figure out why?

C89ZX7R 09-22-2007 10:58 AM

you should stand out there with a camera and post it on the net as police street racing

sohc_mshue 09-22-2007 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by 240trainee (Post 3401670)
Lol, I live at Harrison and Floyd, I have seen cops do some stupid shit.

Full speed in reverse for a couple city blocks

flooring it at every light, regardless of anyone else.

flipping on their lights to go through intersections at 40 mph and then turning them off when they get through.

It's pretty ridiculous actually, I wouldn't have a problem believing it was just a drill.

damn assholes

anubis839 09-22-2007 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by 240trainee (Post 3401670)
Lol, I live at Harrison and Floyd, I have seen cops do some stupid shit.

Full speed in reverse for a couple city blocks

flooring it at every light, regardless of anyone else.

flipping on their lights to go through intersections at 40 mph and then turning them off when they get through.

It's pretty ridiculous actually, I wouldn't have a problem believing it was just a drill.

man, I've fly down Broad with their lights flashing and stuff just to get through the lights.

I swear I saw one just today pop up on like the concrete lane divider at an intersection near VCC and pull out a donut..while watching for speeding cars of course. :rolleyes:

Del La Sol 1320 09-22-2007 10:36 PM

Man you gotta love Richmond police. Its 2:30 AM and for the sixth time in 1.5 years on my block a drunk driver leaving a bar downtown has hit a parked car head on at speed, the collision occured at exactly 2:00 pm and the first police car just pulled up, 30 MINUTES LATER, thats just pathetic

when 2 years ago the exact same thing happened to our cars and we thought the guy was dead we called 911 and said there has been a major accident we need help asap the first police car didn't show up until over 20 minutes later, to me thats just staggering and truly very very very scary, tonight i couldn't help but think what if there had been a person in the car, my fiancee just getting home and was seriously hurt, can you imagine waiting twenty minutes to half an hour for help to arrive knowing there are 30 police officers downtown just hanging out in front of bars making sure all the drunks get to their cars safely, makes me sick to my stomach its so pathetic

and i'm not necessarily bitching at the individual cops, but there is a serious flaw in the system itself, on so many levels of course

streetlamp 09-22-2007 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320 (Post 3404761)
Man you gotta love Richmond police. Its 2:30 AM and for the sixth time in 1.5 years on my block a drunk driver leaving a bar downtown has hit a parked car head on at speed, the collision occured at exactly 2:00 pm and the first police car just pulled up, 30 MINUTES LATER, thats just pathetic

when 2 years ago the exact same thing happened to our cars and we thought the guy was dead we called 911 and said there has been a major accident we need help asap the first police car didn't show up until over 20 minutes later, to me thats just staggering and truly very very very scary, tonight i couldn't help but think what if there had been a person in the car, my fiancee just getting home and was seriously hurt, can you imagine waiting twenty minutes to half an hour for help to arrive knowing there are 30 police officers downtown just hanging out in front of bars making sure all the drunks get to their cars safely, makes me sick to my stomach its so pathetic

and i'm not necessarily bitching at the individual cops, but there is a serious flaw in the system itself, on so many levels of course

Hey I think all your cops are down here in my neighborhood keeping the black man down. There was 3 or so cars down the street talking to a guy hanging out on the sidewalk but they moved on now.

So I usually dont have my car down here at school because I really dont need it and I would rather not have it trashed by these streets so I ride my bike most places. Usually this saves me an assload of money since Im not paying for gas or any parking tickets but now all the cops are fucking cracking down on bike lights. A girl in Carytown bikes the other day got a $90 ticket for not having a front light and a cop stopped me leaving class the other day at dusk and perfectly visible to give me a stern talking to for not having my light on. Anytime a big ride is going on they love to come out and start threatening tickets for a bunch of people on bicycles. So now instead of worrying about my exhaust, Im worrying about constantly making sure I have all my bicycle lights working.