Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

welding equipment

Old 07-30-2005, 03:04 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default welding equipment

where is the best (cheapest) place on the internet or around richmond to buy welding equipment.i want to buy a TIG welder. i want either a hobart or miller, they are basicaly the same anyways. im going to be welding SS, alum, titanium. anyone who welds and has any opinions on what to buy i would appreciate any input you may have.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation
Default Re: welding equipment

Arcet! (804) 644-4521
Old 07-30-2005, 05:28 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Arcet! (804) 644-4521
is that a store here in ric. if so thank you and i will call them monday.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

94ta_lt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah its richmond area. thats where i get all my argon filled for my tig.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:23 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

its got an 804 area code...

(duh)
Old 07-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

94ta_lt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

many people have an 804 area code and don't live in richmond??
Old 07-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

DSM8 U has disabled reputation

dude, goto tractor supply out near woodlake, they sell welders
Old 07-31-2005, 07:09 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Used construction equipment gets cheaper after the summer when pawn shops take in the stuff to give the guys winter beer money. Check the Trading Post, it's the paper you find at 7-11 and other convenience stores, for better deals than the regular newspaper.

Best place for supplies is Harbor Freight (Hull St) and Northern Tools (Midlo Tpke).

My father has bought about half of his welders on eBay then picked them up to save on shipping. I travel up the east coast very often (in Maryland at the moment, brother from NY is here as well) and might be able to run delivery.

My youngest brother buys most of his tools from retiring mechanics -- a great place for you to start looking. Many guys nearing retirement probably hardly use them anymore but may keep them around "just in case" but might sell if they have an offer on the table.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:59 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

i dont want to buy just buy a welding unit from northern or something i need to make sure i get everything set up correctly. i want to weld titanium so i want a tig welder that i can keep the sheilding gas flowing out the tip after i let off the trigger because titanium needs to be sheilded until it is under 800 degrees or it will form a brittle weld. i know what i want to buy but i want to buy from professionals who can assist me and offer some level of support.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Post Re: welding equipment

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
...i know what i want to buy but i want to buy from professionals who can assist me and offer some level of support.
Do you know any guys at Chaparral Steel? It's an iron-based plant, but it's about as close as we can get other than Newport News Shipyard for welding unions. That'd be the best place to call for info on support, possible demos, and local businesses that are willing to help a guy out. Go to the tradesmen rather than the salesmen.

Call up Eddie Lowery at (540) 563-5022 and let him know that you would like to speak with a local education rep for 831 (Danville) or 8888 (Newport News) about buying a TIG welder. If he can't get someone in his district on the phone, they don't like talking to non-union guys, he can probably refer you to someone who can help.

Quick Reply: welding equipment